Discuss Vaillant VR10 with a vented cylinder? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Zippymark

Gas Engineer
Hi, I was hoping to replace an old system boiler with a Vaillant Ecotec Exclusive 627 system boiler, thats the one with the diverter valve so no need for zone valves, controling it with a V-Smart and a VR10. I've spoken to Vaillant Tech and they said you cannot use the VR10 with a vented cylinder because of 'Water Regs', but I can't really understand why, when asked further he spoke about an unvented being designed to handle a higher pressure on the coil, but it is already pressurised so I don't really see what difference that'd make really.

The only obvious slight issue is that it won't have a dry pocket for the vr10 but I was wondering if it could just be taped to it then insulated aorund etc?

I was just hoping i could use the 627/V-Smart/Vr10 as i have once before [previously on an unvented] , as it seems a really good simple set up that provides DWHP when done.

Appreciate your thoughts

Hi There,

What did you decide to do in the end?

Reply to Vaillant VR10 with a vented cylinder? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, Just wanted to share my experience with "upgrading" an S plan setup to Opentherm and Vaillant Control Center (VR66). There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Hope somebody can help :) I have a vented HW system with a pressurised Ch system but got bit of a annoying issue, when the hot water...
Replies
Views
Hi All Looking at having controls replaced / upgraded for a Vaillant Ecotect plus combi boiler. Currently have x2 zone valves on the heating (x1...
Replies
Views
    • Funny
Hi guys, I have a question regarding converting an open vent system (copper cylinder) to pressurized, reason being not enough drop from the loft...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am renovating a small bathroom in an apartment on the 5th floor. Heating is electric, no gas or oil. I have four (related) questions...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock