Discuss Vaillant VR33 (with Nest) and VR66 in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Just doing this today. Just checking nothing connects the boiler to the vr66?

Are the nests connected to it?

I’m a bit confused by this too. Is the nest connected to the open term only and the vr66 still controls hw and heating under command from nest as putting in the vr33 changes ebus to opentherm? Why is the vr66 still required if nest can modulate over opentherm? Any help appreciated 👍🏻

Thank you for the info. I'll be in touch when I am ready to set it all up. I will be getting my old Potterton Supriema replaced with a Ecofit Pure 415 and my aim is to configure an identical setup like what you have managed to do with a VR10 NTC to keep the HW Cylinder topped up when the storage water temp drops below a set threshold. I have a single 3-port valve (s-plan) and just need to figure out which wires I need to connect to the VR66. If you have a pic as you know the saying goes. it will speak louder than words.

Has anybody managed to use the VR33 with Two zones i.e two Nests on OpenTherm ?

eg image below.
Nest 1 - Central Heading (CH) Ground Floor
Nest 2 - Central Heating (CH) Upper Floor AND Hot Water (HW)

If so, do you simply link the two Nests Opentherms (OT) together, like dives on a multiple master Bus ?
Certainly eBus connections can work like this, but I'm not sure about Nests and the VR33 Opentherm

Ideally, I would like to have
  • Nest 1 with a lower Target Temp (50) and Lower kWh, that better suits Underfloor Central Heating.
  • Nest 2 with a High Temp (75) for the HW Cylinder Charging and the Upper Floor Central Heating radiators.

If so, would you still need to use the Opentherm alongside the VR66/65 for Hot Water Priority ?

Screenshot 2023-04-20 at 09.16.45.jpg

Not strictly correct. You cannot have Mike opentherm zones with Nest. Nest is all flashsy but lacks substance...

EvoHome can handle multiple opentherm zones as can EPH controls.

Do either of these help anyone?

How to install & wire Nest thermostat for dual / multi zone system with radiators and UFH​

How to install Nest thermostat (UK) on an S plan - system with hot water cylinder​

Hi All, can anybody advise what is the correct set-up for SYSTEM Vaillant boilers?

Currently I have the boiler with a junction box for the valves and water cylinder and a classic room thermostat (Salus, On/Off type).

I have the vr33 module as well as a tado unit. Where do I go from there? Do I simply remove the old thermostat, plug the the vr33 on the PCB, and wire tado to the 2-pin connector of the vr33?

Or instead, does the vr33 need to be connected to the junction box somehow?

Thanks

Hi All, can anybody advise what is the correct set-up for SYSTEM Vaillant boilers?

Currently I have the boiler with a junction box for the valves and water cylinder and a classic room thermostat (Salus, On/Off type).

I have the vr33 module as well as a tado unit. Where do I go from there? Do I simply remove the old thermostat, plug the the vr33 on the PCB, and wire tado to the 2-pin connector of the vr33?

Or instead, does the vr33 need to be connected to the junction box somehow?

Thanks
I’ve just completed this install . Run a new 2 core cable from boiler to nest heatlink. Install vr33 believe it connects into x32 port . Connect the new wire to vr33 and nest heatlink, remove old thermostat. Setup nest as open therm

Reply to Vaillant VR33 (with Nest) and VR66 in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock