Discuss Valiant 310 ltr unvented and Worcester Boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rizme

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Went to customer's house yesterday, was told they are having problem with hot water. The unvented tank is located in the loft, its a 310 ltr Vaillant tank. Heating is working fine.

The boiler is located in the utility room downstairs. Had a look at the boiler not close enough though, flow and return pipes going from the top into the bathroom floor above and through the cavity wall into the loft and connect into the tank.No timer on the system.

Went to the loft to have a look at the tank, was shocked to see such a huge tank in the loft, and not supported as it was wobbling, motorised valve connected on the flow pipe but not wired, the cable was still tied up. The installer had come a week ago as the customer said that there was a loud noise in the loft. To our finding it seems the hot water was connected on the immersion and it had heated up and the installer had taken the part from the tank saying he will get a new one installed and since them he has not called or answered there phone.

Went back to check the boiler, to check on the pipe work and even more shocking he had installed a Worcester combi boiler and the hot water from the boiler was connected to single tap thats about it. The central heating pipes were heating the hot water in the tank, no wonder the immersion blew up.

Will go there next week to sort the pipe work out.

Just wanted to know if the pipe work was correct would the boiler still support heating up the hot water.
Is there anything I need to change or look out for.

a combi boiler can be used with motorised valves you just need to leave the 1 outlet for dhw,you obviously need to sort the tank support issues in the loft asap that would kill some one with the weight

Agree with GAS MAN.

I've seen it done before, with the 2 zone valves (or 1 middle position valve) connected to the boiler flow and every thing else(programmer, room stat, zone valves, boiler, cilinder stat. etc) connected as normal to a wiring box (centre).
It is a bit of a waste of the combi boiler (might be the owner had a spare one!) working as a system boiler.

As GAS MAN said don't forget to sort out the tank support issues in the loft.

Also the immersion heater should be supplyed by its own separate circuit (if its rating exceeds 3 KW) through a switched cord outlet (a double pole isolator)connected to a BS EN 60898 type B miniature circuit breaker at the fuse box.

Don't forget to wire the valve on flow to cylinder through the cylinder overheat cutout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Valiant 310 ltr unvented and Worcester Boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock