Search the forum,

Discuss Valiant ecotec 28 not working in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I’ve got a Honeywell st9100c and it fizzled and cut out yesterday no lcd screen working so changed it today and still no power in the boiler any suggestions please

Did you have a external timer already installed as it’s sounds like you’ve connected something to mains that’s shouldn’t be eg 240v

Did you have a external timer already installed as it’s sounds like you’ve connected something to mains that’s shouldn’t be eg 240v
I already had a timer installed I’ve just swapped like for like
[automerge]1606337634[/automerge]
What year Ecotec? Photo’s?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 12
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 12
I already had a timer installed I’ve just swapped like for like
[automerge]1606337634[/automerge]

did you isolate before you swapped eg turned the fused spur off etc ?

you tried pressing the power button on the boiler ?

Have you altered any wiring or just clicked one clock off and fitted another
Click out and back in
[automerge]1606338184[/automerge]
did you isolate before you swapped eg turned the fused spur off etc ?

you tried pressing the power button on the boiler ?
I turned off took out the fuse swapped the unit and replaced the fuse switched on. The timer came on but nothing on the boiler

Depending on the age of the boiler it might be under warranty or you could get a local pro in

Reply to Valiant ecotec 28 not working in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi guys....we have an old Astracast sink top....I think its a composite sink....has a big single bowl. My wife thinks it looks scruffy....looks...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for...
Replies
Views
  • Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock