Search the forum,

Discuss Valliant ecotec 837 combi boiler or Megaflow system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

ranjeett

Currently I am in the process of replacing my old boiler with new one. However I am stuck with the decision to decide between a valliant ecotec 837 combi boiler and megaflow system. which is a better one ? My property is a detached 4 bed property with 2 showers and 2 toilets with 8 rads in the property.

I am looking for some advice and guidance as to what should I go for. The recommendation I have received from my gas engineer is to go for a boiler which gives me an output of 37 KW. So the engineer has recommended a Valliant ectoc 837 combi boiler or worcestor bosch cdi something.

Can anyone please advise me whether I should go for a megaflow system or a Vailliant ectotec 837

Regards,
Ranjeet

Mega flow IMO

how many people are in the house ?? are the 2 showers mixer showers ?

if 2 people wanted to shower at the same time if they were mixer showers then the flow rate would be reduced if it was off of a combi, as combi's have flow restrictors to reduce the flow so the boiler can heat the water to the required temperature, where as a cylinder is heated to 60-70 degrees and gives equal pressures and flow rates at all outlets(if your cold main is up to the job)

have the engineers checked your incoming mains flow rate and pressure ?

if it was my house and i had the space then system boiler and unvented cylinder for me

If you have the money and the space to fit a cylinder there's no doubt an unvented cylinder is the better system (although you never run out of hot water with a combi) IMO. You really need a good flow rate to get the best out of it though - more than 20 litres per minute.

5 people in the house currently and the shower which is in working condition at the moment is a power shower. The engineers have not yet checked my incoming mains etc. They are yet to have a look at it.

still need boiler to heat your cylinder, why not get 937 storage combi ? either way its down to your flow rate and pressure :)

well....at the moment I have been advised by my engineer that valliant 837 is more than enough for my kind of property. I had asked the same to the engineer a week back....about 937...but 837 is enough, this is what I was conveyed. So a bit confused as to what should I go for.

why not listen to him ? do you not trust his judgement ? he is onsite and knows the scenario

Thought of having a second opinion as well. Wouldn't it be better to have different solutions with proper logical justifications so that you can choose the best out of it.

Whatever way you go, you will have to change the power shower, assuming it is a shower that pumps and not heats.
You will need a flow rate of incoming cold of at 16 litres per min to get the best out of the vaillant or the wb equivalent anyway.
As already stated, you will still need a boiler to heat the cylinder, maybe your current one could be used.
Also what is the main thing you hope to gain from a new system, ie increased hot water flow, space saving etc.
Personally, if you have the flow/pressure of the incoming mains, and the space, then unvented all the way. Although I wouldnt fit a megaflo. IMO you are just paying for the name. Lots of better cyclinders for less money to be had, Oso, Kingspan, Gledhill even the plumb centre own branded one.
Also what type system have you got at the moment ie make of boiler, configuration, open vented or sealed?
Graham

I think the incoming cold is @ 15 litres per min. Currently what I have is a age old system called "Concord"....which is an absolute disaster as it takes ages to heat up a little bit of space.
This is what I have inherited from the previous owners of the property.....the heating to the property is a absolute disaster, to get to the hot water would take ages ....
Unvented is megaflo I thought ?
I think I will go with the boiler engineer's recomendation of installing a valliant 837 combi....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Valliant ecotec 837 combi boiler or Megaflow system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock