Search the forum,
  • Thread starter plumbdoctor
  • Start date
  • Replies 4
  • Views 55
  • van

Discuss Van leasing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

plumbdoctor

Anyone lease their van ? I'm tempted but worried about being stung on charges for wear and tear ?

We do in work, they say they always have to pay for new ply lining in the back and a full valet + any scratch or dent is very expensive, why not just buy and get finance? I pay £238 for my 11 plate berlingo with 60k on clock , other plumber was paying £210 for a caddy on leasing, he will have to give it back eventually with nothing to show for it

i tend to agree with crx, unless you do long distances all the time and need reliability to get you home. Having said that my 09 plate vw has been pretty good upto now apart from the odd intermission to remove the lorry from the side of it!

A company that I used to work for used to lease them and then they stopped and bought year old vans instead.

They said leasing them was a waste of money as it would cost them a fortune to get them all repaired for when they went back.

If it is just for you and you know you take good care in your van then that shouldn't be a problem but if it's for employees I wouldn't bother and just buy.

Cheers guys I own my van now but all I find I do is trade it in after 3 years and get a new one I never actually own it I prefer hassle free driving

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Van leasing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm installing a concrete patio out back. By the wall under the kitchen sink I have an existing P-Trap gully for the grey water from the sink, dishwasher, washing machine etc. When I pour the concrete there won't be any chance to dig it up anymore. From my own research I get the...
Replies
Views
Does anyone know a good, not super expensive, leak detection company in the London area?
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock