Search the forum,

Discuss Van Stuff in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaydebruyne

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Need racking, roof bars and pipe tube and vinyl signs.

Can anyone recommend decent gear/companies to get this done?

Cheers

Do your own racking
I've got a rhino tube carrier
Van guard ultibar
No signs though

Yup. Do you own racking. Vanguard roof bars and tube. Got my last van graphics from eBay for 60 notes.

Actually I do have magnetic van signs again from eBay. Look really pro but I don't often put them on

Do my own racking? lol I'm no chippie guys, believe me!!!

Neither am I mate but I quite pleased with my achievement today.

As already said, rack it yourself. I bought a load of Really Useful boxes:

Really Useful Boxes

in different sizes for different fittings etc, then designed the racking to hold them. Rhino pipe tube is strong and not too expensive. I have Van Guard roof bars, they are strong and stable.

I'll be selling my pipe tube soon, probably the roof bars as well. What van have you got??

Make it out of cardboard first to get the curves right

IMG_5194.jpgIMG_5193.jpg

As already said, rack it yourself. I bought a load of Really Useful boxes:

Really Useful Boxes

in different sizes for different fittings etc, then designed the racking to hold them. Rhino pipe tube is strong and not too expensive. I have Van Guard roof bars, they are strong and stable.

I'll be selling my pipe tube soon, probably the roof bars as well. What van have you got??

Getting a Citroen dispatch.. will have a look at the link.. cheers mate

I'm pretty good. Let me know if you want a hand designing and building racking, we'll get it made bespoke for your van & storage boxes..

Cheers Masood, appreciate that!!

Did all that out of 2 sheets with leftovers. All wood and screws less than £70

Could you share them on here Mas I'm not done yet but need some ideas

No worries Jay, it's something I really enjoyed doing on my vans, as well as a couple of mates' ones. I'll sort out some photos of mine to maybe give you some ideas..

Would def like some ideas.. :)

Yeah no worries mate, I'll take some tomorrow as the van is actually tidy at the moment LOL...

Mines full of the remnants of a boiler install - including the old boiler :/ it was tidy before that!

Got mine finished last week, Fiat Scudo LWB. Cost me about £50

van1.jpg
van2.jpg
van3.jpg

Ok I'm inspired.. I'm gonna do my own racking :) gonna get a rhino pipe tube and vanguard roof bars! I'm def doing shelves on my side door - well excited to get the van sorted lol

Jesus.. just did the first bit for my van racking :O there's a reason I'm NOT a chippie!!! Think I'll do it in daylight next time lol maybe that'll help :/

Slowly slowly catchy monkey mate you can do it chippies can just do it faster

Jesus.. just did the first bit for my van racking :O there's a reason I'm NOT a chippie!!! Think I'll do it in daylight next time lol maybe that'll help :/

lol @ chippie, get a small strip of LED`s from fleabay and connect to existing light mate, be like working in daylight then.

Doing your own racking is easy. Making it look good is difficult. This was my experience anyway.

Doing your own racking is easy. Making it look good is difficult. This was my experience anyway.

That's exactly my difficulty!!! I'll take a pic of my horrendous work after I've eaten my dinner - something you can all have a chuckle to haha

That's exactly my difficulty!!! I'll take a pic of my horrendous work after I've eaten my dinner - something you can all have a chuckle to haha

or give advice how to improve / tips

or give advice how to improve / tips

So as you can see, the right side isn't quite level and my measurements are off - must have been the shadows lol

I actually aimed to leave a gap at the back to board it so it fitted into the back rather than over it, but it didn't quite work that way haha

Def gonna try it in daylight and take my time :)

6e0a67e8e25d626103577a873e881a83.jpg

ad4f64644e92499f26f48092a994c91e.jpg

602187fffe81c089f6a0d855d594313c.jpg

looks fine to me

just dont forget to cross batten/noggin it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Van Stuff in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock