Discuss Vat registered? What's today? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

armyash

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Was today the deadline for submitting something vat related? I'm not vat registered so don't know.

This maintenance firm that I've been doing some subbie work for said they were supposed to submit their vat whatever it is today but because I haven't handed in my receipts for materials I've used, they've had, or are due a £600 fine.

I'll be honest they have been asking for them for approx 2 weeks but I haven't had a chance to sort them out. Some stuff I haven't got receipts for because it's stuff I've had on the van for ages so would need to write out by hand. I've got my own job to do as an employee, my own private jobs to manage and them on top.

I think it's a bit strange that they would have held off submitting something just because of my receipts and risk a 600 fine. I doubt there's £600 worth of vat to claim back so why not just submit whatever it is anyway? Doesn't add up.

Is that normal when subbing to a firm to have to give them receipts - I've paid for the materials. I've given prices for jobs, jobs been agreed and I've got in with it.

I haven't got anything to hide it's simply a matter of time.

Sounds like BS
Put it into next years books

Did they pay you the money you were owed?

I've been getting paid fine.

Thats what I said put the receipts through next time.

She said its something that has to submitted quarterly. I think they want to know what I'm adding on to materials

The last quarterly return was due in on 6th March.
if you aren't VAT registered though, then your invoices shouldn't matter as there wont be a VAT element on them.

if you aren't VAT registered though, then your invoices shouldn't matter as there wont be a VAT element on them.

They want to claim back the vat on the materials I've bought which is why they want my receipts.
Is that allowed?

Surely if something was due to be submitted they would have submitted it regardless of my receipts to avoid the fine and deal with my receipts next quarter.

They want to claim back the vat on the materials I've bought which is why they want my receipts.
Is that allowed?

Not sure to be honest. If its included in your invoice then they shouldn't be claiming it as its being supplied by you. So you would have to be VAT registered and have it on your invoice. Someone more clued up on it than me will hopefully make it clearer for you.

Bull s--- to me you bought the materials did the work for a price which you both agreed on , they paid you that price less the 20% paid to CIS ? and for the materials you spied yes , you are not vat registered so cannot claim vat back on the materials and they didn't supply the materials they used your credit to get the work done so cannot claim it either . Kop

Reply to Vat registered? What's today? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm installing a concrete patio out back. By the wall under the kitchen sink I have an existing P-Trap gully for the grey water from the...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock