Search the forum,

Discuss Vented vs Unvented in low flow rate flat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

blu9027

Hi all

We currently have a vented system (hot water cylinder, cold water tank above, supplemented by a pump) in our ground floor one bed/one bath flat. We're looking at replacing the system due to age.

I've had a couple of quotes from heating engineers who have recommended installing the newer unvented system. The flow rate in our flat is about 14 lpm, I know most of the unvented systems recommend at least 20 lpm. We get good power from the shower at the moment, but the pump makes the whole thing pretty noisy.

Is the low flow rate likely to be an issue for an unvented system, given that there's only likely to be one tap/shower being used for water at any one time? Just keen to avoid spending more for the unvented system if the water is going to come dripping out of the shower!

Your thoughts would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

What's your pressure (mains cold) if you know ??

And makes a difference that extra 10lpm

But if your happy with the system that you have you can get quiter pumps these days

Unless you can improve the flow rate I wouldn't bother you would not be satisfied with the result

As the guys have said , it is low , you could fit one but the manufacturer would tell you were to go if you rang up and complained about its performance.
Personally I wouldnt risk fitting one, sorry .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Vented vs Unvented in low flow rate flat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I have quite low flow rate for my electric shower (a piddling 5L/min), and would like some tips or advice about how to solve or find the cause. I would like a flow rate of about 12L/min. Here is my set-up: Standard gas boiler (not a combi) in the kitchen, have cold water tanks in the...
Replies
Views
Essaboy
E
Hi Could I ask for some help with a water flow rate problem. I have good mains water pressure on the ground floor. There is no tank in the loft but an unvented cylinder in the upstairs airing cupboard. A gas heat only boiler. Upstairs I have two en suite rooms. One with a shower and one with...
Replies
Views
Hello, I’ve been doing my first refurbishment is a two bed flat with a bathroom and ensuite . Learnt a lot and been grateful for input’s especially from Shaun. The customer had ordered swan neck mixer taps for kitchen, bathroom and ensuite. On installing then all the hot water flow is none...
Replies
Views
Background I have a small one-bedroom flat in the roof space in a victorian house. There are three floors below and each floor has a single one-bedroom flat. The mains pipe bringing water into my top-floor flat is 15mm copper pipe. There is a water meter in the flat and a stop valve. There is...
Replies
Views
I have just had a boiler, hot water tank and power shower pump replaced on advice by my plumber. I have two separate boilers, heat/hotwater systems in the house. This boiler was replaced by a combi boiler as it only heats the lounge and master bed and provides hot water to en-suite bathroom and...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock