Search the forum,

Discuss vented woodburner system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
regardless of the boiler I have a separate CH loop on this boiler as it is a 4 tapping type. The boiler is on the ground floor
The gravity bit (the other 2 connectors) works perfectly but my CH loop which is on the first floor is causing a bit of a headache. Takes ages to get the flow pipe hot let alone the rads even though all pipes are hot on the boiler!!
Is it ok to run a pumped 22mm loop and drop the radiators to the rooms below and where is the best place to position the pump (currently on the return)

regardless of the boiler I have a separate CH loop on this boiler as it is a 4 tapping type. The boiler is on the ground floor
The gravity bit (the other 2 connectors) works perfectly but my CH loop which is on the first floor is causing a bit of a headache. Takes ages to get the flow pipe hot let alone the rads even though all pipes are hot on the boiler!!
Is it ok to run a pumped 22mm loop and drop the radiators to the rooms below and where is the best place to position the pump (currently on the return)

Who installed it?

Return is good providing your feed and vent is on the gravity side. Sounds like your pump is goosed or you have a blockage. Or am I misunderstanding the post?

thanks for the input. yes F and E is o the gravity. Working on the blockage bit at the moment i.e. turning off all radiators bar one then opening them in turn. (saw this on another thread) Had to drain the system down as I had a leaky joint. Now refilled and seems better on the flow side.
Must admit I did suspect the pump as couldnt hear any water flow through the rads.
will update when finished testing. Just needed clarification regards drop down rads, as the
Cottage has concrete floors and 3 foot stone walls !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to vented woodburner system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no issue, however, when running the heating the pressure drops. Im looking for some ideas on what could be causing this. I have no sign of pipe leaks...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock