Discuss Ventilation for multiple appliances in the same room? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

wild nomad

Hi there,

Im about to take my ACS and need something clearing up. I was taught that if you have 2 or more appliances of the same category in a room (e.g. Open flued boiler & a radiant gas fire) then adventitious air is not taken into account. However, reading other books and online literature seem to suggest that you do take into account adventitious with this particular scenario.

Can anyone provide some clarity?

Thanks in advance :)

I was told on my ACS Last year that adventitious air should NOT be taken into account.

Could I ask where you did it too, I need to make sure I don't go there for mine, IF that's what you were taught, however is it possible that's what you think you heard rather than what you were told?

Adventitious air is taken into account, BUT only once, as its per room not per appliance, so if you have a 27kw boiler only you take 27-7x5= 100cm2, but if you have two 27kw boilers in the room the vent isn't 200cm2, you add all HI up then -7x5, (27+27-7x5=235cm2)

And we'll end it there. While we want to help you with your training as much as we can we won't do it in open forum.

Get your post counts up to 100+ and apply to join the plumbers arms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ventilation for multiple appliances in the same room? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all This is only about my third/fourth post, so go easy. Also, I'm only an enthusiastic amateur, not a pro... I'm having issues with the...
Replies
Views
Good evening, Please can I ask for some brief advice. Last month I had installed a new boiler (Ideal 18kw) by a national firm. It's a townhouse...
Replies
Views
Sharp Point
S
Okay, so this is part of a wider efforts to balance the books for the forums. We're trialing it out. But it comes with some good benefits as well...
Replies
Views
I have my initial gas safe inspection coming up after successfully completing my ACS a few weeks ago - and, it's fair to say i'm slightly nervous...
Replies
Views
Hi To All Seniors.. I'm Posting This Thread .. as I was Reading This on Gas Safe Website and it really confused me. I Usually while doing...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock