Search the forum,

Discuss Vertical rad bleeding issues in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

So these damn problematic vertical rads again.
I’ve had the Trv correctly fitted now but can’t seem to get rid of the air.
The advice on here was to refill and bleed slowly which I did but now I’m literally bleeding it every day for two weeks now. About two seconds of air then another couple of seconds of air and water is released. The rad is cooler at the bottom third

Any advice welcome. Thanx.

Usually not a problem refilling those.
Best to fill/vent with the heating off and no pump running.
Then do again once the heating been on a while.
Then do a week or so later if necessary

Usually not a problem refilling those.
Best to fill/vent with the heating off and no pump running.
Then do again once the heating been on a while.
Then do a week or so later if necessary
There seems to quiete a few people on the threads having issues with trapped air.

I have tried all your suggestions with no luck and I’ve been bleeding every day for 3 weeks now.

Any other ideas ?

If it’s definitely just air from the system, I’d isolate the rad, disconnect/drain it.

Then get someone to manage the filling loop, keeping it at 1.5 bar.

Then one valve at a time open it and discharge it in to a rubble sack or even better a hose if you can connect it.

Once all the air is out of the line, close it and do the other.

Once both are done, reconnect the rad.

Then open one valve while keeping the pressure up and bleed the rad half way. Then close the valve and open the other one and bleed the remaining.

If you still get air after that, there is another problem you need to find.

Why do you keep bleeding it? What alerts you? Just a cold rad or low pressure? What floor is it on? Is there a auto air vent above it that could be sucking in air in a low pressure scenario?

If it’s definitely just air from the system, I’d isolate the rad, disconnect/drain it.

Then get someone to manage the filling loop, keeping it at 1.5 bar.

Then one valve at a time open it and discharge it in to a rubble sack or even better a hose if you can connect it.

Once all the air is out of the line, close it and do the other.

Once both are done, reconnect the rad.

Then open one valve while keeping the pressure up and bleed the rad half way. Then close the valve and open the other one and bleed the remaining.

If you still get air after that, there is another problem you need to find.

Why do you keep bleeding it? What alerts you? Just a cold rad or low pressure? What floor is it on? Is there a auto air vent above it that could be sucking in air in a low pressure scenario?
Thanx. Will give it a try. No issues with low pressure and no auto vent just a rad that’s colder at the bottom. Plus i had read about others having issues so I was keeping an eye on it.
I don’t think it’s any other issue. It’s a new rad that replaced an existing horizontal rad and I didn’t have any issues before and there are no issues with any othe rads

It’s on the second floor

Reply to Vertical rad bleeding issues in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock