Search the forum,

Discuss Vertical Rad Gurgling and top half only getting hot. Plinth heater luke warm too in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bandai1972

Hi there, please go easy on me first post! We have just had a new kitchen extension and have got one normal double rad, a smiths ss5 plinth heater and a tall vertical rad. It is a big room with a vaulted ceiling so it needed a fair bit of BTU's to heat it. The normal rad is heating up great, but the expensive vertical one is only heating up at the top half and is very gurgly. My other half has bled it and it is water coming out now. The hydronic plinth heater is only blowing out luke warm air, maybe this is right not sure though as I expected it to be hot. We have a fairly new Vaillant 837 combi, temp was set to 70 yesterday and all the other radiators which have been replaced around the house work like a treat, just struggling with the tall one and the plinth heater? Any advice greatly accepted!! Thanks Dawn

Hi Dawn, sounds like you've tried the obvious things. I'd be getting the fitters back to rectify that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Vertical Rad Gurgling and top half only getting hot. Plinth heater luke warm too in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have just moved into a late 1990s new-build house with a small bore (about 1/2" OD pipes) gas fired boiler central heating system. All the normal radiators get hot but two of the three towel heater/radiators don't get hot and the pipes feeding them are cool to the touch even after the boiler...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I had my new boiler and 13 radiators installed in July last year, but since installed all the radiators always top half hot and bottom half cold or warm. I know that if radiators top half hot bottom half cold/warm, it indicates there's sludge in the system. But as the radiators were all...
Replies
Views
Hiya, we had a new pressurised hot water cylinder fitted a few weeks ago even though its double the size of our last one we are finding we aren't getting any more hot water. So once the tank is full and the immersion has turned off and i touch the tank only the top half feels warm and the bottom...
Replies
Views
Sorry I have sort of asked this before, tried professionals but not great 1st experience hence DIY attempt attempt again. 2 completely cold rad's, another one get pretty warm, flow pipe hot, return v.luke warm. (Both rad's I have manually flushed really well) Hot water works fine, boiler return...
Replies
Views
Hello all. I've just joined, was going to post in the new members forum, but the first site generated email sent me here... I am here, as have a challenging and interesting problem, which I'll try as best to describe below keeping to the point and as short as possible, to avoid boring any of...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock