Discuss Vertical wall drops and the risk of wall cracking. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

plb

Due to solid concrete floors I am having to chase out a couple of 22mm flow return vertical drops. Is there any risk of the wall cracking after plastering due to pipes expanding/contracting and if so what is the best way to avoid this happening.

put them in a sleeve of some sort so they can expand and contract

Thanks for the prompt reply.
I was thinking on those lines and wondered if it was acceptable to create a sort of void behind the plaster surface to enable the pipes to move slightly. Basically, chase out the wall fit pipe work then cover over pipes with a layer of duct tape then plaster over.

Also, expanding on the subject a little.
Has anyone experienced pipe damage by not providing any provision for expansion when say laying in a concrete floor or wall or is it only the wall/floor surface that will be effected.
How important is it to provide for pipe expansion.

Last edited by a moderator:
pipe exspansion is dependent on the length of the pipe work but not normally a problem in domestic properties personally i prefer plasic pipe in conduit nowdays you can buy poly already in sleeving

Walls or floors, if it's not sleeved make sure the pipe, if copper, is wrapped to prevent the concrete attacking it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Vertical wall drops and the risk of wall cracking. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock