Discuss Very high water consumption in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Can you have a look at the photo.
Here are some pictures of that valve and connections closer up. The pipe in the top of it is the main cold water feed which has the large blue isolation valve on it.

IMG_8049.jpg

IMG_8050.jpg
IMG_8051.jpg
IMG_8052.jpg
IMG_8053.jpg

And the above image shows how it connects to the cylinder. This pipe by the way is quite hot but I presume that's because it's connected to the cylinder.

Yes, (as Shaun pointed out), its the expansion valve probably set to 6bar since the cylinder temperature and pressure relief valve is set to 90C/7bar.
Theres another pipe underneath this expansion valve going off to the right?, where is the expansion vessel connected into the system
Are you absolutely sure that there is no water flowing down through the tundish.

Yes, (as Shaun pointed out), its the expansion valve probably set to 6bar since the cylinder temperature and pressure relief valve is set to 90C/7bar.
Theres another pipe underneath this expansion valve going off to the right?, where is the expansion vessel connected into the system
Are you absolutely sure that there is no water flowing down through the tundish.
That pipe off to the right goes to a large white tank. I've taken some other pictures of the whole install but here is one showing that large white tank. And I do keep checking the tundish and there doesn't appear to be anything dripping through it.

IMG_8040.jpg

Thats fine, its to the expansion vessel.
The cold water to the cylinder shoud not be hot except maybe very close except its flowing back and out through the expansion valve and down through the tundish when the cylinder is heating up and if the expansion vessel has failed but should still only expel a few litres of water each time the cylinder is heating up.

Thats fine, its to the expansion vessel.
The cold water to the cylinder shoud not be hot except maybe very close except its flowing back and out through the expansion valve and down through the tundish when the cylinder is heating up and if the expansion vessel has failed but should still only expel a few litres of water each time the cylinder is heating up.
Ok thanks. That pipe is hot most of the way up until it gets near the T and then it's cooler above and to that white tank.

If you turn the silver screwdriver valve off does the water meter stop ?

Can you just switch off the laundry supply to get the meter to stop turning and then check the meter readings while filling a 10 or 20L bucket to confirm that it's metering correctly.

Reply to Very high water consumption in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello everyone, I'm facing a rather complex situation and I need your expert advice. My neighbor and I share a boiler for hot water, and we have...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking for a water pump to pump water from a storage tank at a constant 3 bar pressure. It's at a campsite I run that's at the bottom of...
Replies
Views
Some advice please about a really worrying problem. I live in a terraced 2 bed room house. 10 days ago the gas combi boiler stopped heating the...
Replies
Views
I have a seemingly impossible problem. I am not a plumber but I can at least understand some of it. We have just had the Water Board inspector...
Replies
Views
Hello, I've just found this forum and wondering if anyone can please help us. We've not long moved into our new home. It's has Johnson and Starley...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock