Currently reading:
Viesmann Vitodens 100

Discuss Viesmann Vitodens 100 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mcniven

I was called to Viesmann Vitodens 100 today, error code F4 (ignition lockout)

Checked all normal items, all checked OK, removed spark electrode & sensing probe they were minging, gave them a good clean still not working correctly.

It appears the boiler fires for all of 1 second then straight off, 3 attempts, then lockout. To me it seems like the spark is igniting the gas telling me the gas valve is opening ok, and spark electrode is working. But it is cutting off after 1 second, is this not too short a time scale for the sensing probe, if this was faulty would it not allow you maybe 3-5 seconds before cutting off??

Does anyone have any more experiences with this boiler and error code,
Thank you

I love these boilers (oh god the ideal men will start now LOL ) personally I would change the electrode.
Please-post and let me / us know what you find .

I have had this code twice but both were failing to spark so not lighting at all. One was the igniter box, they upgraded it a few years back. It was black and now grey or maybe the other way around? Cant remember it was a while ago. The other time was the pcb.

I'd personally be replacing the electrodes first. Sounds as if it's not rectifying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Viesmann Vitodens 100 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock