Discuss Viessmann 111W storage combi "Crinkly/corroding hoses" Your advise/experience in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

i dont know if this helps but i would have another viessmann if i get the chance had a 200 combi in last house with weather comp fantastic boiler.

See if BG will take it on OR look at independant insurance this is usually cheaper..its covered for 1st year anyway...you are not obliged to take out further german insurance. Rob Foster
aka centralheatking
last time i did ten year it was about £120 so not a bad price if all is good for £24.00 a year its going to cost a lot more for BG cover or one of the others

Take me back to the days when we installed a fully pumped system with a Glow Worm Hideaway B and a 36" x 18".

No trouble, no chemicals, no boiler manufacturers Engineers with test tubes, 20-30 years of life, nice to service, easy to repair, not many parts (most of them in the van), no leaking naff valves, no crunchy hoses, no wriggling manufacturers with every excuse under the sun for why it's not their fault (even though they made the damn thing in the first place), happy customers, oh and costs of gas? I don't think there is as big a difference as you'd expect.

Bit of a rant but there you go, it's done now.

Take me back to the days when we installed a fully pumped system with a Glow Worm Hideaway B and a 36" x 18".

No trouble, no chemicals, no boiler manufacturers Engineers with test tubes, 20-30 years of life, nice to service, easy to repair, not many parts (most of them in the van), no leaking naff valves, no crunchy hoses, no wriggling manufacturers with every excuse under the sun for why it's not their fault (even though they made the damn thing in the first place), happy customers, oh and costs of gas? I don't think there is as big a difference as you'd expect.

Bit of a rant but there you go, it's done now.
totally justified my friend I agree...the whole thing has been ramped up..stuff the efficiency if the stupid things dont last 15 years with no maintenance as they used to they must be rubbish products in general from an engineering point of view BUT it is marketing installing and fixing
happy days...loads of money
Rob Foster aka centralheatking
...first boiler installed 1982 ish

totally justified my friend I agree...the whole thing has been ramped up..stuff the efficiency if the stupid things dont last 15 years with no maintenance as they used to they must be rubbish products in general from an engineering point of view BUT it is marketing installing and fixing
happy days...loads of money
Rob Foster aka centralheatking
...first boiler installed 1982 ish

I get your point.

I was discussing this with a friend not long ago (not in our line of work). I was moaning about the stupidity of boiler plus and he pointed out that I am making more money as a result. If I don't sell it, someone else will, were his words and they are true enough.
However, I think that morals, responsibility and common sense have gone out the window (or up the flue) over the past decade. Boilers are made with built in obsolescence and people are expected to reduce their expectations for products that are a damn site more expensive to replace, repair or maintain and all in the name of progress.

Just get the 111. Use a Viessmann trained installer to get the 10 yr warranty (£120) then all you have to do is have it serviced every year. You’re reading too much into it. Viessmann are great to deal with.
I have a Vitodens 300 system boiler, 13 yrs old. Yes I know parts are expensive but the thing hasn’t given me a bit of trouble and is as good as new.

Used to fit Vaillant ecomax and had one where the rubber hose went crusty and bulged after a couple of years. That boiler is probably 13 yrs old now. I still look after it but have only changed the hose twice since the first one and that was more precautionary than anything, the replacements have never gone bad like the original and the system hasn’t been drained or flushed since installation.

Just get the 111. Use a Viessmann trained installer to get the 10 yr warranty (£120) then all you have to do is have it serviced every year. You’re reading too much into it. Viessmann are great to deal with.
I have a Vitodens 300 system boiler, 13 yrs old. Yes I know parts are expensive but the thing hasn’t given me a bit of trouble and is as good as new.

Used to fit Vaillant ecomax and had one where the rubber hose went crusty and bulged after a couple of years. That boiler is probably 13 yrs old now. I still look after it but have only changed the hose twice since the first one and that was more precautionary than anything, the replacements have never gone bad like the original and the system hasn’t been drained or flushed since installation.

Got the 111 - used a trained installer, got the 10-yr warranty, serviced annually but now being told now I have to foot the bill myself to swap the crunchy hoses to copper.

Reply to Viessmann 111W storage combi "Crinkly/corroding hoses" Your advise/experience in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back