Search the forum,

Discuss Viessmann C code after install and commissioning in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Installed a Viessmann combi on Friday and couldn't get heating working. Hot water fine but not heating. Had a letter C on the display. Reset it and it went through startup and then went to C again. Called Viessmann technical and even they didn't know what it was.
Has anyone else had this and if so what is the cause.
Thanks
[automerge]1590954543[/automerge]

[automerge]1591039587[/automerge]
Viessmann been there today and said that the installer wired it up wrong and blew the PCB and that's the C symbol

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200531-204227_WhatsApp.jpg
    Screenshot_20200531-204227_WhatsApp.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
That's an 050 model. If you connect 240v to the thermostat connection instead of zero volts you will blow part of the display board up, resulting in either no display or a corrupted display. If your unlucky it will take out the main pcb too.
The thermostat connection is a naked terminal block fixed underneath the boiler, so any decent electrician should realise it's not a 240v connection you would hope.

Reply to Viessmann C code after install and commissioning in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock