Search the forum,

Discuss Want to set up my own business !!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tom Rickard

Tryin 2 set up on my own it's all iv wanted to do just wants people's views on how to do it what I need to do & if it's a gd idea or not im qualified got all the tools please help me out!!!!!!!

hi tom how you doing? i know it's hard at the moment i've been quiet for the last few weeks myself. leaflets. advertising. word of mouth. there are a few free websites you can advertise on. what about handing leaflets out at somewhere like B&Q?

I started up a few months ago and its hard work and alot more stressful than just turning up to work in the morning for someone else, you wont earn as much for a while either.

I know things for a lot of people are quiet and others are busy, luckily I'm the latter.

You can get plenty of opinions about it but ultimately it's your decision.

How long you been in the game?, what sort of experience?, what part of the country?, how much competition in the area?, what would you do if you earned £100 in total for the next 4 weeks?, do you like sitting up till 12 doing estimates and paperwork, etc etc etc

Just some of the questions you need to ask yourself!

From my own point of view, and I know we are in recession, but is there any really good time to go yourself? I was lucky I didn't have to make the decision, my circumstances left it as one of my options and I'm glad I took it, but that was nearly 7 years ago.

Tough here but not in New Zealand. They have people recruiting in the UK at the moment - 15 years of work for construction trades. I heard this on radio this week, so its not an advertisement, but here is a link to an August publication:

Irish workers sought for New Zealand rebuild - RT News

I am not selling this stuff, but have posted this because it seems worth a punt for those starting out.

Just be a bit wary on '' come down under'' Perth is flooded with Kiwi,s who left NZ because of no work ,a lot of british trades are now struggling to find work in Aus,Aussies get ****ed off with all this skill shortage ****,as they try and get people into the country to bring in foreign currency,and to shaw up house prices.Not tellin anyone not to give it a go,but you cant work out there without retraining and licencing.. best jobs at moment out there Diesel Mechanics,Boilermakers,Industrial Sparks and anything to do with mining

i went self emplyed 3 years ago. the plumbings ok, for me its all the other stuff that is hard. advertising, marketing
bookeeping, accounts, the paperwork is endless. you need to be really organised with all that stuff. nasty mr taxman
can turn up at any time and demand all your paperwork going back 7 years. if it all doesn't add up, cross referenced, i's dotted etc
he can make life very unpleasant.

having said all that wild horses wouldn't drag me back to being an employee for someone else

Tough here but not in New Zealand. They have people recruiting in the UK at the moment - 15 years of work for construction trades. I heard this on radio this week, so its not an advertisement, but here is a link to an August publication:

Irish workers sought for New Zealand rebuild - RT News

I am not selling this stuff, but have posted this because it seems worth a punt for those starting out.

Just done a search on seek.comau NZ job site only 13 jobs for plumbers in the whole of NZ,and they are only for NZ licenced plumbers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Want to set up my own business !!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock