Search the forum,

Discuss Wanting the moon on a stick.... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some people won't be told.

I'm more surprised the building manager is allowing it to happen

It's not like it can be valves of if it overruns which it will

How's it go John, you can't educate pork

Come on, I thought you commercial boys bent 2.5" barrel over your knee with a spring? And cutting threads in situ, in a small chase below floor level and inside a ceiling void - don't you do that as a matter of course?

My illusions are all being shattered here...

Silly thing is there is someone out there stupid enough to try it and will instantly become out of their depth I doubt he'll be willing to pay its real cost

impossible to say without seeing the whole job but sean cobs comments about galvanised pipe being unsuitable for hot and cold water is rubbish must co0mmercial and larger buildings will be in iron iff its heating its probably not even galvanised just black
time scale is very tight but if its something that can be prefabbed and fitted with two unions its not impossible two cuts and two threads using a hand held but the picture shows tees on the pipework so very unlikley to be that easy
also the op doesnt say if its heating or water heating could be left drained at this time of year as many are turned of for summer

impossible to say without seeing the whole job but sean cobs comments about galvanised pipe being unsuitable for hot and cold water is rubbish must co0mmercial and larger buildings will be in iron iff its heating its probably not even galvanised just black
time scale is very tight but if its something that can be prefabbed and fitted with two unions its not impossible two cuts and two threads using a hand held but the picture shows tees on the pipework so very unlikley to be that easy
also the op doesnt say if its heating or water heating could be left drained at this time of year as many are turned of for summer

"hot water supply mains "

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Wanting the moon on a stick.... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this...
Replies
Views
  • Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock