Search the forum,

Discuss warning above central heating posts and central heating section in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

on31ll

as above really seen it today being talked about but i just wanna say well in mods went into action quick and hopefully will deter people asking for gas advice/fixes

Why can't this be shortened, straight to the point and made in BIG bold letters in at least a size 24 pt font:

NO GAS OR BOILER QUESTIONS!!!

SIMPLES.

Why can't this be shortened, straight to the point and made in BIG bold letters in at least a size 24 pt font:

NO GAS OR BOILER QUESTIONS!!!

SIMPLES.

Surely this topic raises a question mark over the wisdom of having a Gas Safe Register forum that is open to the public?

The person asking the question may be GSR, but then the discussion is open to all and sundry, and with a search facility on the board, any inquisitive DIY'er looking for know-how can search for the information they are looking for.

Surely this topic raises a question mark over the wisdom of having a Gas Safe Register forum that is open to the public?

The person asking the question may be GSR, but then the discussion is open to all and sundry, and with a search facility on the board, any inquisitive DIY'er looking for know-how can search for the information they are looking for.
I asked for both The Gas open forum and the Central Heating forum, to be closed for this reason. Reporting and then closing threads on these 2 forums will just go on forever and probably keep getting worse as people post questions to try to save money in these trying times.

The central heating forum stays open as far as I'm concerned. There's more to central heating than the boiler.

We'd still be closing posts and threads, just in a different place.

The central heating forum stays open as far as I'm concerned. There's more to central heating than the boiler.

We'd still be closing posts and threads, just in a different place.
Totally disagree. People see "Central Heating" and think "Boiler". Central Heating issues in general that are not gas related could quite easily be discussed/covered in the Plumbing Forum.

As for the Open Gas Forum, that just confuses people.

At least if we closed these 2 threads, there would only one thread, i.e the Plumbing Forum left for 7 mods to keep an eye on.

Or we just go on forever doing this.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm biased. I'm not GSR, don't touch gas but do a lot of work other than oil on central heating systems.

Is this section open to the general public?

i agree with croppie on this, there is more to central heating than just boilers. i can see that it is confusing having two gas sections so they could be merged into one for gs only to use.

I asked for both The Gas open forum and the Central Heating forum, to be closed for this reason. Reporting and then closing threads on these 2 forums will just go on forever and probably keep getting worse as people post questions to try to save money in these trying times.

Would be a great loss to the forum, imo, if the Central Heating forum wasn't here - there are a lot of consumer related questions about which type of boiler, best buy, best controls, etc, and then there's all the stuff on the wet side of the system.

I do think that the Gas Register Board being open to the public gives a mixed message, but if that was like the Arms, or if all traffic went to the closed Gas Forum, then I reckon there would be less gas related questions appearing in the CH forum, i.e. gas related discussions would be a clear NO GO area on the visible areas of the forum.

If the open gas forum was closed or moved, I think a new board dealing with: Business Administration, Marketing, and Training would go well. At the moment a lot of those discussions get posted in the Plumbing or CH forums, there seems to be a lot of interest in those three fields, which do overlap.

Just a thought.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to warning above central heating posts and central heating section in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

R
Hello its my 1st post hope im in the right place We brought a new house a medium-large 3 bedroom semi, we moved in the summer. Now coming to winter we started putting the central heating on. The central heating has a mind of its on it’s really strange iv never experienced this We put the heating...
Replies
Views
L
Hey everyone, I'll keep it short. Had our old system boiler replaced with a new Ideal system boiler set up. Then the problems began. First issue was the pump went faulty, so the pump was replaced. This then led to a new issue coming up where the central heating would work, but not the hot...
Replies
Views
J
Hello, hoping someone can advise me. My boiler stopped working - no hot water or central heating. Called out a company who came and assessed the problem as being that the hot water element in the immersion tank needed replacing. (I don't know exactly what it is called as the company has still...
Replies
Views
Johnno1966
J
J
Hello, hoping someone can advise me. My boiler stopped working - no hot water or central heating. Called out a company who came and assessed the problem as being that the hot water element in the immersion tank needed replacing. (I don't know exactly what it is called as the company has still...
Replies
Views
J
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock