Search the forum,

Discuss was this right. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plastered a chimney breat and the client asked me to install a flue liner for a stove. What I did was put the long bendy flue liner down the clay liners, bent it without damaging it and plastered around it. Now I'm wondering did I do this properly! If I've did it wrong, can you advise me on how its done so I can rectify it for the client. Just for the record, I won't be installing the stove or attaching the stove to the liner. Its just the client asked could I put the liner in before plastering.

did you use the correct liner suitable for a solid fuel stove or did use a gas liner? best not to do things you have no idea about imho

Much depends on liner and termination details. Gas flue unsuitable for sold fuel. Solid fuel flue is directional. Diameter depends on stove and fuel.

So basically, if it's wrong, more money for you to go put the right one in because you were only doing as the customer asked.

I wouldn't worry too much about it, builders and roofers fit liners for us all the time.

Therse a few things to consider, they've already been posted - the size of the liner and direction you put it down the chimney.

Anything over a 5KW stove ideally needs a 6 inch liner. I fitted one last year and I'm sure it had a 8 inch outlet on it.

If you look at the stamps on them, they have arrows pointing to one end. These arrows are pointing to the top of the liner.

I'm confused as you what you mean 'plastered around it'. I presume you just plastered inside the fireplace opening?

So basically, if it's wrong, more money for you to go put the right one in because you were only doing as the customer asked.

I wouldn't worry too much about it, builders and roofers fit liners for us all the time.

only obeying orders has been used as an excuse before, didnt win them the case though.....

the plaster will most likely crack and blister of as soon as a stove is lit.
but let whoever is doing/registering the install worry about it.

We no longer plaster next to the stove for that exact reason, Simon. We use fireboard and paint it for the customer now.

There's no regs for distance to non combustibles, although there's recommendations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to was this right. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Guys, My chimney failed the test so I need to install a flue liner for my Gazco Stockton gas fire. It was over a year ago when the engineer...
Replies
Views
Hi all great site, I've just moved house and am taking my wood stove boiler with me as it's only a couple of years old, it has 4 outlets on back...
Replies
Views
Morning, I'm planning chimney maintenance work in July. Its a stone chimney, cement rendered above the roofline with wood burner and stainless...
Replies
Views
The rusty bit with a hole at the top looks quite old, feels flimsy, and is a single skin 100mm x 400mm. The boiler has a 600mm new pipe rising...
Replies
Views
Had our gas Baxi Combi inspected and serviced today, as it has been every year. Gas safety cert issued and says all okay, but engineer gave what I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock