Discuss Wasted weekend in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mkeo

Hi, I hope somebody can help before I go mad. I have spent the weekend and most of today trying to sort my CH out. I have a 10 rad (4 up, 6 downstairs) Ideal combi logic 30 system. the boiler is 18 mths old and touch wood works fine. Hot water v good in a 2 bathroom semi.

The problem is that some rads are very hot, some warm, some cold. Having read a number of forums, similar problems appear to have been sorted out by balancing the system or flushing out rads. I decided to take the bull by the horns by draining the system, removing and flushing all 9 rads and a towel warmer, fitting new TRVs and new other end valves, adding inhibitor and refilling and bleeding, before balancing the system. i.e. as I understand it turning down upstairs valves. Respect to plumbers I thought it was just us sparks that grafted. ha ha

The result of all this graft is not eactly what I was hoping for

Upstairs - Towel wrmer hot before, hot now - bed 1 cold before, cold now valve cold - bed 2 - hot before, hot now - bed 3 hot before, warm now, valve hot.
Downstairs - 2m double hot before, warm now, valve hot (heavier than a drum of twin & earth) - 1.5m single hot before, hot now - 600mm single hot before hot now - 600mm single cold before, cold now, valve hot - 1.5m single cold before, warm now, valve hot - 600mm dbl cold before, warm now, valve hot.

Can someody advise why this is happening and what can be done to sort it PLEASE wibble, wibble I'm going mad

did you bleed the rads..being a sparks n all!!

turn off all rads apart from the one without the trv on, (turn off that towel rad until its sorted anyhow!) if the towel rad is the one without the trv on then go for the smallest first. open that up then close off all the others.
when you get a nice hot rad. now go to the rads (working one at a time) that are not working properly and turn them on, is it now hot?. if so, turn the lockshield off then back on 1-1/2 turns. now do the next rad.
do this untill you have done all rads monitoring the temp on the last rad you did as you go.
you may find that some l/s need only 1/2 turn as it starves the rest of the rads.

when the music stops, find a seat.lol

Last edited by a moderator:
OR! Print this off and use it.....

Attachments

• How To Balance Radiators.txt
    3.2 KB · Views: 56
Thanks Redsaw I did bleed them but not necessarily in that order. I'll do it tomorrow and let you know how it goes....big match on now

Glad you're sorted and thanks for coming back and letting us know how you got on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Wasted weekend in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock