Search the forum,

Discuss Water draining slow any ideas in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

S

Sam boyd

Hi,my shower is very slow draining.the trap is clear of hair/debris,any idea of what could be the problem?

Partial blockage of the waste pipe, over time the lower section of pipe builds up a slimey mess of soap scum , body hair ,shampoo , hair conditioner is particularly bad especially the really thick ones, this slows the draining down and eventually your tray will fill up as the water cant get away quick enough , another thing that can happen is where the shower waste pipe enters the soil stack it becomes reduced in size with again a partial blockage of the above , you could try pouring very hot water out of your kettle down there 2 to 3 times then remove your showerhead from its hose and direct the water into the shower trap letting it run for a few minutes, I have had success in the past doing this . Regards Kop

Reply to Water draining slow any ideas in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm installing a concrete patio out back. By the wall under the kitchen sink I have an existing P-Trap gully for the grey water from the sink, dishwasher, washing machine etc. When I pour the concrete there won't be any chance to dig it up anymore. From my own research I get the...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and pebbles!) We saw that the pipe that takes water down the gutter was visibly full to the top. He said he will return with a coil to push through...
Replies
Views
S
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock