Discuss Water Dripping from Pipe Connected to Filling Loop for Central Heating in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

S

slimjim_1983

Hi All,

I recently increased the pressure to the central heating using the built in filling loop. In doing so, I noticed there is water dripping from the bottom of the pipe that the filling loop is connected to ( the pipe that allows water to the enter the system). This also looks like it is attached to the hot water tank. I am not sure if this is normal or not so looking for support or advice on what to do here? Its never leaked before, so not sure what we should do?
[automerge]1604232888[/automerge]
Hi All,

I recently increased the pressure to the central heating using the built in filling loop. In doing so, I noticed there is water dripping from the bottom of the pipe that the filling loop is connected to ( the pipe that allows water to the enter the system). This also looks like it is attached to the hot water tank. I am not sure if this is normal or not so looking for support or advice on what to do here? Its never leaked before, so not sure what we should do?

Attachments

• InkedIMG_2878_LI.jpg
    InkedIMG_2878_LI.jpg
    892.6 KB · Views: 17
  • InkedIMG_2879_LI.jpg
    InkedIMG_2879_LI.jpg
    910.8 KB · Views: 15
  • InkedIMG_2881_LI.jpg
    InkedIMG_2881_LI.jpg
    926.5 KB · Views: 14
  • Screenshot 2020-11-01 121419.png
    Screenshot 2020-11-01 121419.png
    252.4 KB · Views: 15
Last edited by a moderator:
The part you have highlighted is a drain off
I really would get a G3 registered engineer to have a look you can tighten them and make things much worse!
Unvented cylinders should be serviced annually.

1. Personally, I'd try tightening it gently. With a small spanner (150 mm in length or less) on the square nut at the vertical base of the fitting, GENTLY move the end of the spanner to the right. If there is a bit of movement, turn it more, with only reasonable force, until the movement stops.
2. If it still drips it will need replacement, which is a soldering job. Until then you could put a piece of garden hose over the open end and run it into a bucket or similar.

Reply to Water Dripping from Pipe Connected to Filling Loop for Central Heating in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back