Discuss Water Pressure Gauges - advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Linda Cole

Hi

I need to measure my water pressure in my bathroom, and am wondering if there is a type of gauge that fits directly to a bath or basin tap? I can only see ones that screw on to a washing machine tap, and I can't find a tap with a thread on it that relates to the bathroom cold water supply supply. There is one under the sink (washing machine connected to it), but I think the cold water in the kitchen is on a different supply to the bathroom.

Also, if I asked a plumber to come and do this for me, what could I expect to pay? It seems such a simple job if one can locate the test point :)

Thanks

If there are isolation valves under the basin then disconnect the pipe to the tap and use that connection.

Couldn't say how much the boy would charge you. Don't know where you are for a start.

Why are you looking to measure the pressure?

i am renovating my bathroom, and need to know the pressure so i can buy the right taps / bath-shower mixer. the flow rate seems good, but the actual pressure isn't great.

there doesn't appear to be any isolation valves under the sink either. I have also checked the riser, via the access panel can can only see the valve that I can turn the cold water off with. Hence why I need a plumber I think :)

Sounds to me like you have an indirect system. Meaning the bathroom supply is tank fed. Use traditional taps (ie not quarter turn). Or pump the bathroom supply and use any tap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Water Pressure Gauges - advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
I live in an apartment with a cold water tank. The cold water tank feeds the cold water tap in the sink and the bath. Recently, I refurbished my...
Replies
Views
I live in an apartment block where generally hot water is supplied from the communal hot water cylinder and cold water to bathrooms is supplied...
Replies
Views
We have a utility room with a washing machine but no sink. Wife wants sink. There is room to fit one and the waste will connect to wahing machine...
Replies
Views
The Water Board have just replaced the main water supply to our property. We have a ground floor combi boiler. The central heating system for the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock