Discuss Water Test Results - Heat Exchanger Pack In in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

He said that he flushed the system and also did each radiator. He used some kind of vibrating tool on each radiator too. He used some kind of machine and he showed me the dirt on the filters after which was minimal. He was there for about 2 hours. Sorry don't know exactly how he flushed other than above.....

How much did you pay for the clean ?

Well, after a second flush the results have improved however it's still failed! I have just noticed however that the fernox sample kit states that the results are based on using Fernox products. It looks like it was a Corgi inhibitor that was used. I am waiting on Fernox responding to my query as to how much of a difference that would make to the results however anybody have any idea? Really scunnered now - just want the warranty back.......

Attachments

• Water results 4 Feb 19.pdf
    90.1 KB · Views: 20
Not using Fernox products won't affect the values, but may affect the interpretation of those values.

Are you, by any chance, using artifiically softened water to fill the system? Some of the numbers that are high make me wonder...

Last edited:
Should be done by connecting to system preferably through the pump head and heat the water as it circulates and add enough cleanser for your radiator volume and let it circulate for 2 hours going round the radiators agitating the "sludge" inside, reversing flow direction of water often. Then close them all down bar 1. Work on that for 5 minutes per direction of flow, agitating radiator as you do it. Close that one open the next one up do the same with each individual one. Once finished again go around individual radiators and flush them until clear water comes out in each direction. Then a fully open system to get rid of anyting else. Add inhibitor and neutralising crystals. Check ph and total dissolved solids in water. Takes a full day to do properly and fit a magnetic filter to the return heating pipe on boiler. Then keep on top of looking after the water in the system with a chemical cleanse and inhibitor change every 3-5 years. (Not a powerflush again)

Reply to Water Test Results - Heat Exchanger Pack In in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back