Search the forum,

Discuss Waterproof / weatherproof cabinet for wall-mounted boiler. Anything available? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Masood

Does anyone know of water/weather proof cabinets available suitable to house a wall-mounted boiler outside? One of my customers is insisting on having the boiler outside, there is no outhouse or garage that it can go into, so it need to be a waterproof wall-mounted cabinet. Any ideas?

Make one.

That's the conclusion I've come to, but I'm hoping to avoid that. I've got enough plumbing/heating/gas work on to not want to move so far out of my comfort zone to be honest, Mike. If I were quiet, I'd take the time to improve my carpentry and make a decent strong box and weatherproof it. Now is not the time! :)

Make sure it's a good boiler , case will need to be almost ip65? Don't want condensation inside case on sensors as electronics? It's not a wall hung gas boiler your fitting outside is it? Mfr will use that aginst u when it breaks down

say good bye to any warranty then, just cos it says run flue through out side wall, doesnt mean the boiler has to be outside lol

So a boiler designed to be outside but not to work..... Interesting

Its possible that all boilers are designed to be outside, just some start off working and stop because there outside while others stop working because thats what they do inside or out.

Its possible that all boilers are designed to be outside, just some start off working and stop because there outside while others stop working because thats what they do inside or out.

I wouldn't want to install anything outside like a Baxi duotec , valliant or wb. Think boilers best suited to this would be likes of ideal logic and Vokera compact a the outer case is vapour tight, which protects all sensors and bits. Plus if you fit a Vokera you can afford to replace it every 6 weeks.

You should have a look at some of our suppliers over here in Oz.
95% of our boilers are installed outside.
The boilers are made to order and come with weather proof casings.
They are made in Italy or where ever to suit our market.

Google Hunt Heating - Sime , Immergas / Alpha
Hydroheat - Baxi.

So they should be available for you guys over there. (with some great difficulty I would assume)

Oz

Simi. You just went down in my books as a nation that is. Your boarder control won't let visitors bring peanuts but you will allow imports of simi boilers? WTF?

Last edited by a moderator:
I personally don't install Sime Boilers.

Have in the past, because of limited choice.
Lost many a customer due to problems with the boilers and lost many more with the cost of the spare parts and repairs.

I wasn't promoting them - I was just pointing out that you can get factory made external boilers.

Sorry about our border protection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Waterproof / weatherproof cabinet for wall-mounted boiler. Anything available? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
P
I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler pump menu for either 70% or 100%, so, is the pump set at either one of two fixed speed percentages or does the pump actually vary speed, (modulate)...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Can anyone recommend a decent multi meter, preferably under a 100 pounds. It's for checking boiler components so I don't need a top spec one ....just easy to use and reliable. The fluke 115 looks good but its above my budget. My current socket and see one was great but it's developed a fault.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock