Discuss Weekend work? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

double d

Wounder if any one can help
i work full time monday to friday, but would like to work on weekends for my self, would i have to pay tax NI on top of what i pay now? ive heard that if you only make a few bob here and there then dont have to is this true?
Thanks

Depends on your earnings but probably - otherwise everyone would work on the weekends and leave Monday to Friday free for shopping and entertainment?

Would you only work weekends and not through the week?
i know that i wouldnt, misses would drive me mad!

if you want to do things properly you have to declare it - if your full time job gives you more than the 6000 or so that you need to earn to pay tax you'll pay tax on your earnings from the weekend.

you also get to declare your expenses so tools fuel etc, so basically you should be ok.

All you have to do is, is to register yourself as self employed.
You then pay tax on profits and you still pay NI, But a different class. You run your business like all the other self employed plumbers on here.

Your normal day time job just goes on as normal, you dont pay more tax or NI on that, cause you already pay the extra tax and NI on you self employed business.( which is seperate)

Because you earn more then 6k on your normal job, that means that even if you sell something for ÂŁ1 on ebay you will legally have to declare that ÂŁ1 and pay tax on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for the replys guys
another question, whats the best way to get your name out there?

flyers and cards and go for a pint every friday after work - tell the missis its for advertising purposes - youd be suprised at how many jobs you get from the lads/tradesmen in the pub after work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Weekend work? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock