Search the forum,

Discuss Weird heating system in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

L

Leethomp

Im just wondering if anyone can give me some advice as had 2 plumbers round and still getting same issue. Ive recently loved into a new house and the heating system is doing something weird. It had a new worcester bosch boiler a couple of years ago and heating system seems in good order. But.... When heating and hot water are on together the rads seem to only be warm and one sometimes doesn't heat up at all. Just the one... However as soon as hot water goes off all is well and rads go roasting hot . Ive looked at the motorised valve and it seems to be moving, but i don't know, maybe not enough... Any help would be appreciated . Thanks all

Might sound daft but first of all - are the valves open either side of the radiator that's not heating up?

Sounds like the cylinder is taking all the flow / heat so best to stagger the hw / heating times turn the hot water on a couple of hours before the heating is set to come on

Is there anyway to correct this ??
Is there anyway to correct this ??
1. Turn up the pump pressure, if it has a three position switch, or else use a pump with higher pump head pressure.
2. Introduce a balance valve in the HW cylinder flow. These are likely 22mm pipes, which present a much lower resistance to flow than the CH 15mm, and especially the CH 10mm microbore.
3. Ensure the three position valve is correctly wired to receive a HW satisfied voltage from the HW cylinder stat normally closed to the valve grey wire, which will at least close the HW branch of the valve when the cylinder stat is satisfied, even if your HW timer output is live.
4. Introduce priority CH which only allows HW to occur when CH is satisfied by linking the grey valve wire to the CH call for heat after the CH thermostat, the white wire This will change the CH call from moving the valve to midpoint to moving it to CH only. HW heating will resume during the off cycles of CH if a HW timing event is on.

Reply to Weird heating system in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no issue, however, when running the heating the pressure drops. Im looking for some ideas on what could be causing this. I have no sign of pipe leaks...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I have changed the 3 port actuator Honeywell head however this doesn’t seem to have solved the issue, does this mean that the programmer is faulty? Or is...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
P
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock