Search the forum,
  • Thread starter Billy Bob Bob
  • Start date
  • Replies 23
  • Views 228

Discuss What a pig of a day in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Billy Bob Bob

Know how it comes in 3,s ? well me my lad and oldman were on a job today,my lad has been a bit of a cock all day,well after having a bollocking off my oldman earlier for taking the pizz,my lad gritted his teeth and give my oldman a earful so this as resulted in him getting dropped off home this afternoon and losing half a days pay,constantly have to warn him about his gob,now going to hit him where it really hurts,he is lucky he has not lost his teeth as well :90:,anyway day goes on,drives from my last job and vans underpowered and belching out black smoke,calls AA ,i dont want to cause further damage EGR valve type things gummed up with carbon,he fits a blanking plate and alls good,this lot only took 2 hours FFS ,got insurance with the AA they are paying for a new EGR,got cover upto 500 quid :coolgleamA:,my mrs then rings me same feckwit of a son decides there is a bit of air in the kitchen rad,loses the pin and floods the kitchen:veryangry2::veryangry2::veryangry2::90::90::90::90: by now i want to kill him,then gets a call off my oldman,manifold we are fitting tomorrow on a UFH job is the wrong one sent out by Manuf FFS got to be on the job for 8 its a hour and half drive and the screeds going down:mad:

Sorry ter hear Yer woefull day gasman but I feel comforted to know I ain't the only one!!!

That's not what I asked. They only normally clog up because of short hops.

That's not what I asked. They only normally clog up because of short hops.

Mines up and down the motorway most days and racks up the miles,with the bypass the AA put in its now running fine but they have advised to sort asap,AA are paying,new OE EGR valve is £190,which is a sting as a quality aftermarket is £60

Can it not be left off? It won't happen again then.

Mate of mine had the same issue with a Ford engined product. He had it re mapped, and left it off.

I'm glad it's not just me who has days where you wish you'd stayed in bed.
At least those three things are gone.
Plain sailing from here !

Mate of mine had the same issue with a Ford engined product. He had it re mapped, and left it off.
Funnily enough its the transit engine in this
I'm glad it's not just me who has days where you wish you'd stayed in bed.
At least those three things are gone.
Plain sailing from here !
All sorted now,garage i bought this van and the newer one we just acquired,dropped it to them today,fitted us straight in even though they looked mega busy,gave us priority because its a business tool ,3 hours later brand new egr valve fitted,gets a text off the AA to say they are paying in full,sorted

vans.jpg
This may hurt Leos eyes LOL,basically a transit in every way,same engines etc but they dont rot,AA guy was saying their records show there are as many of these out there as the best seller but they have very few calls to fix them

Do they have French GPS or something?
Has the auto park function lost something in translation?

Do you realise you have taken up 5 parking bays with two vehicles?

Must be a French thing!!!!!!

I hope you get 5 parking tickets!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Do they have French GPS or something?
Has the auto park function lost something in translation?

Do you realise you have taken up 5 parking bays with two vehicles?

Must be a French thing!!!!!!

I hope you get 5 parking tickets!!!!!!!!!!
Doing plumbing work in a ex peugeot dealers
How do I report an offensive post?
Dont know,what do i look like? ask someone who works here :tongue3:

I couldn't help notice youve got two. What do do, just see which one starts In the morning and use that one?

The egr on my VW t5 gets pretty bad, luckyily it's easy to undo & I try to clean it out once a year sorta thing! Having to re-use old exhaust gasses is always going to block the valves up!

The egr on my VW t5 gets pretty bad, luckyily it's easy to undo & I try to clean it out once a year sorta thing! Having to re-use old exhaust gasses is always going to block the valves up!

I'm thinking of getting one of those, is it difficult? And where is it? I mainly do short hops.

Its a stupid idea the egr valve, exhaust gases straight into air intake. Only fitted to keep EU happy with emission regulations.
So mines blanked off (defender td5) and the engine gets clean air.

I'm thinking of getting one of those, is it difficult? And where is it? I mainly do short hops.

Just 3 Allen keys & 1 electrical connector, it slides out easily on an o-ring on my 1.9tdi engine, some are probs more difficult. Can get it out in 2mins on mine :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What a pig of a day in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock