Discuss What do you do when... in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Knappers

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
What would you do if you put in a new 28mm supply in 1st fix and when you come back for the boiler you find the 'electrician' has done this....

Attachments

• 20221206_155055.jpg
    20221206_155055.jpg
    261.9 KB · Views: 25
I agreed to do the boiler only and someone else was doing the other plumbing. They've let him down and now he's trying to get me to do it.
I'm not touching it!
Apart from anything else the place is a mess with building materials spread everywhere, all the work is being done cheaply.
Was tempted to put a price in but with half the pipes already run and no lights or heat I'm just going to pass.
I know I'd end up regretting it as any price I'd quote would mean they'd expect the world in return.

Sparky will be whingeing that the pipes in a cable zone.
The pipe was there in 22 before. This job was a dud from the start.
35kw Main boiler on site before I started with horizontal flue.
Would have got away with 22mm if he'd got a 30Kw, would have benefited from rear piping on a baxi and flue going through roof vertically.
This is a perfect example for why you get the engineer to spec the parts and materials as he's saved no money and lost on aesthetic and warranty.
It was a favour just for me to do the boiler!

My
The pipe was there in 22 before. This job was a dud from the start.
35kw Main boiler on site before I started with horizontal flue.
Would have got away with 22mm if he'd got a 30Kw, would have benefited from rear piping on a baxi and flue going through roof vertically.
This is a perfect example for why you get the engineer to spec the parts and materials as he's saved no money and lost on aesthetic and warranty.
It was a favour just for me to do the boiler!
My first thought was get the cutters out.

Once spent a day drilling joists for a first fix. Heating flow and return, hot water, cold water, balanced cold water and unvented discharge. Was a big job. I was away 3 days after that and came back to cables in my holes.
Sparky came back next day to 400mm lengths of cable all over the floor.

Reply to What do you do when... in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
Back