Discuss What is a black pipe BS1972 we have found 4 inches below ground in our garden? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

How old is the house ?
Approx what direction is the pipe running i.e. to or from the house ?

At that sort of depth it is unlikely to be mains water as it would be subject to freezing.

Could be an old temporary supply for the building site is house in not that old.

Our house is around 1950’s but we think the strip of land that the pipe is on, didn’t use to be part of the land of the house and maybe was used when they built the 30 odd house down the road that runs the other side of our house...so maybe? Hoping it is an old disused pipe/cable. Will cut a hole to see

Get a alk cap end ready just incase

Our house is around 1950’s but we think the strip of land that the pipe is on, didn’t use to be part of the land of the house and maybe was used when they built the 30 odd house down the road that runs the other side of our house...so maybe? Hoping it is an old disused pipe/cable. Will cut a hole to see
If it doesn't look like it is running to/from your house then chances are it is an old temporary water supply. If it was a live mains supply it should be a minimum of 750mm below ground for frost protection.

This is ALKATHENE pipe for cold water . I have this pipe half inch for my water supply . Being imperial size and plastic. What could be used for a stop valve on it. It is easy accessible under my foundation.

Reply to What is a black pipe BS1972 we have found 4 inches below ground in our garden? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock