Discuss What is an Injector Tee/Venturi ?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Marty32

Good afternoon

Could someone explain to what an injector/venturi tee is on a central heating system is and where and why you would use one?

Many thanks

oo very old, injector tees were used where a boiler had only a common return tapping & the system was gravity hot water primarys with pump heating. It was installed were the two joined on the return back to the boiler to stop the higher pumped heating from pushing back up & stopping the gravity HW circulation.

oo very old, injector tees were used where a boiler had only a common return tapping & the system was gravity hot water primarys with pump heating. It was installed were the two joined on the return back to the boiler to stop the higher pumped heating from pushing back up & stopping the gravity HW circulation.

Ok I think I get it - but if I just added a normal end feed soldered tee fitting i.e 22 x 22 x 22mm it wouldn't work?

In normal circumstances i.e a fully pumped system, it wouldn't need an injector tee just connect into the return to the boiler at any point for example return from heating circuit could connect into the return pipe 2 meters away from the boiler and the primary return connects at say a metre from the boiler etc?

Thanks again

Hi
No it may not work as you described as the pumped heating return may block the gravity water entering the same pipe. You can make your own injector tee by using an internal 22x15mm e/f reducer but put it inside the end of the 22mm equal tee, you may need to extend it using a sort piece of 15mm so it goes passed the centre tee from the gravity return (see pic's from web site link on ecowarm thread, for idea). Not done it myself but from memory I think it can be done & it works.

the tee would be 28mm normally as primary gravity pipework is normally 28mm and you could make one using a reducer as chris suggested. I think you would be looking to pay £15 upwards for a proper tee. Personally i would get a proper one and save any headaches you may get. Not much difference in price really after you have brought a 28mm end feed tee and reducer.

you can do it use an internal reducer cut the large end short and put it in tee backwards so it leaves room for the pipe to fit behind it best to braze or silver solder it in and then soft solder it into position using a coupling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What is an Injector Tee/Venturi ?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
My central heating is run off a heat pump ( air to water ) quite expensive to run , So I’m plainning to fit a wood burning with a back boiler to...
Replies
Views
I have an ancient ferroli 901 optima that due to recent redundancy I am unable to replace , for a good while now there has been short cycling...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon, I am experiencing a pressure issue with my heating system and was hoping to receive additional insight as to what the problem...
Replies
Views
I would like to add an additional radiator to our central heating system. We have an attached double garage converted to a man-cave and workshop...
Replies
Views
Back