Search the forum,

Discuss What is the pressure in this cylinder expansion vessel? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

I was told by the plumber to keep an eye on the pressure, to ensure it stays above 1.0.
The red one is… but the black one is not…. What do the two mean?

Attachments

• IMG_3105.jpeg
    IMG_3105.jpeg
    336.8 KB · Views: 7
The black needle is the pressure reading, showing around 0.6 bar, that's under the 1.0 stated.
The red is just a guide indicator that can be moved anywhere on the dial to indicate a maximum advised upper or running pressure.

The black needle is the pressure reading, showing around 0.6 bar, that's under the 1.0 stated.
The red is just a guide indicator that can be moved anywhere on the dial to indicate a maximum advised upper or running pressure.
Thanks.
I’ve checked again and pressure is now above 1.. earlier, I believe the boiler was off, whereas now it’s on. Is it possible for the pressure to change like that?

Attachments

• IMG_3116.jpeg
    IMG_3116.jpeg
    325.7 KB · Views: 6
The normal setting is for the pressure to be 1.0 bar when the system is 'cold' and, based on the position of the red needle, this will rise to about 1.5 bar when the system is operating normally and the thermal expansion of the water increases the pressure.

If this is the first time the pressure has dropped, make a note of the date and reading then top up the system with enough water to bring it back to 1.0 bar when cold. If it's happening regularly consult your plumber as you may have a small leak somewhere.

Reply to What is the pressure in this cylinder expansion vessel? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Fitted unvented hotwater cylinder building control looking forms signed it off job was in england i am qualified northern ireland send out a form to fill in what do u need to sign off in england as building control said they dont give out forms like they do in northern ireland
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi bit of a weird issue, I installed a grohe bathroom tap successfully 2 months ago bought from screwfix. Last week the right hand hot tap makes a squeak noise as I turn it on or off, left tap is 100% perfect and noiseless. This grohe tap is like one unit, so no screw notch or way I can remove...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock