Discuss What system would you recommend for this hotel? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

JE-P&H

Gas Engineer
I'm interested to hear what boiler cylinder or cylinders etc you would recommend for this hotel. They currently have low pressure system, with old open flue boiler. They looking to have the lot completely replaced and upgrade to a unvented system. The hotel has 20 radiators, 8 Mixer showers, 4 baths a total of 9 bathrooms all with basins as well. Any advice would be appreciated!

Worcester green star 24i combi

If you're asking then really need to get someone in to calculate the requirements as if you get it wrong it'll be very expensive to correct. It's all in the British standards so not rocket science.

Roger - read the thread! They didn't want the boiler to be a shower too!

Ace quote. "It's not rocket science"

#imanengineer

Seriously, and micky taking aside, you need to get a consulting engineer with full PI insurance to visit site and draw up a spec.

You have to know what the peak demand of the hot water is + what water the kitchen uses.

The heating will end up being an incidental amount of the demand of the boiler when it comes to peak demand of the hot water requirements
You will also have to supply equipment with a suitable recovery rate of hot water.

Can you not put in a heating only boiler and a separate hot water system.
That's how we do it over here.

You need it designed imho
Will cover your backside
unless you fancy sitting down for a few days and learning a whole different raft of designing.
and having your backside on the line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What system would you recommend for this hotel? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, looking for some recommendations for a slimline indirect unvented cylinder to go with a new system boiler that we're having installed...
Replies
Views
We have a gravity fed hot water system in our the house we have just recently moved into. It works fine with the downstairs shower, however we are...
Replies
Views
My daughter bought her first home and was hoping to convert to gas but its not available in the area, so thinking a boiler upgrade is the better...
Replies
Views
Hi all, sorry about the long post but a novice here looking for some advice... I've just bought a 12 bedroom private house with 3 bathrooms that...
Replies
Views
So a strange conundrum regarding water temp if anyone can help resolve, would be much appreciated. Ive tried to give as much info as possible to...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock