Discuss what! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

erj

Gas Engineer
Fitted a new boiler two years ago, every thing fine customer happy.

when it came to paying there was all was a problem,my pay has not gone in the bank, the wife has spent it

After two years he has turned up with the monie in his hand and says "anything off for cash?"
What d you say t some one like that!

Have you taken them to the small claims court? Strange to just turn up, what's the background story?

What id say shouldnt be written on an open forum lol

If its cash just take it, even if its a couple of quid shy, then once in your pocket ask him why its taken this long (it may have been a genuine reason that he didn't/couldn't admit to at the time)
Fair play to him for paying up though, he could be a good un
Obviously, I haven't met him and you have, so you'll be the better judge of that
Either way, take the money and book a holiday, its money you won't miss

I agree, - he may have some honesty about him. Be glad you got money

Omg!!! You actually waited 2 years!! Some guys on here cry wolf when they haven't been paid & it's the 7th day!

I'm going to say, he's had a flood and fancies a claim off of you but solicitor or similar has said he has no chance without having paid

Possible, but he's paying cash so not really traceable if it isn't banked

Sorry no way would i have waited that long its not your problem if someone can't afford to pay i would have said sign over your t.v /dvd player,and several other electrical goods as payment.

I'm going to say, he's had a flood and fancies a claim off of you but solicitor or similar has said he has no chance without having paid

I agree with this. Would he have voided a contractual agreement with you by not paying ? Now he has paid the contract is back in place and he could be looking for repair work to boiler or upto something more sinister??

However, if he has paid you cash, there's no proof he paid you in the end ? ;)

I agree with this. Would he have voided a contractual agreement with you by not paying ? Now he has paid the contract is back in place and he could be looking for repair work to boiler or upto something more sinister??

However, if he has paid you cash, there's no proof he paid you in the end ? ;)
After two years his warranty in both materials and workmanship would surely be up. Doubt a claim would stand up now....

After two years his warranty in both materials and workmanship would surely be up. Doubt a claim would stand up now....

Hopefully its just a case that he's a good egg then, and did the decent thing by paying up.....In the end.

Not sure mind you, 2 years if there is proved to be bad workmanship can come and bite one in the bottom too if its only just come to light ... ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to what! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I live in a two floor semi with a gravity fed conventional gas fired boiler (Potterton Kingfisher MF). The boiler is fed cold water from...
Replies
Views
Had our gas Baxi Combi inspected and serviced today, as it has been every year. Gas safety cert issued and says all okay, but engineer gave what I...
Replies
Views
Hi,

Our heating stopped working today. We've got a Veissmann boiler that's under a year old, and an older Megaflow cylinder, and two diverter...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I am hoping someone can give me some advice. We have had two leaks at home in the last 2 weeks; luckily we were in for both events and...
Replies
Views
After researching as much as I can to sort this problem, I keep reading that if your Ideal boiler has an F1 code and the pressure is low, it needs...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock