Search the forum,

Discuss Whats best fsb boiler in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi guys
What's best reasonable priced fsb please?
3 bedroom terrace hive, upto 10 radiators.
Have a old potterton at the moment and is driving me insane.
BG seem to never sort out the issues thinking of scrapping them and the boiler and starting again.

Fsb?

Sorry... I thought on a plumbing forum it would've been known.
FS floor standing, B boiler... Models would have FS in their name if they are floor standing.
For example Worcester Greenstar FS 30CDi, preferably easy access and easy to work on for BG engineer's to stop them moaning 🤣🤣🤣

I wouldn't replace it just because of the issues you have. They may be unrelated to the boiler itself. You need an experienced heating engineer to properly diagnose what is causing the issue. If you go to the expense of replacing it and the new boiler behaves the same way, you will have wasted time and money.

You might be better with a self employed person as opposed to BG. I always think it better to have someone working for you who knows you, your issues and your stuff, whether it be a boiler, car or something else. Having different engineers look at the same thing can mean you go round in circles, as they will all be starting from scratch.

I wouldn't replace it just because of the issues you have. They may be unrelated to the boiler itself. You need an experienced heating engineer to properly diagnose what is causing the issue. If you go to the expense of replacing it and the new boiler behaves the same way, you will have wasted time and money.

You might be better with a self employed person as opposed to BG. I always think it better to have someone working for you who knows you, your issues and your stuff, whether it be a boiler, car or something else. Having different engineers look at the same thing can mean you go round in circles, as they will all be starting from scratch.
I don't think it's a issue on the way it's been fitted or the type of boiler.
Last issue I had was nearly 3 years ago, it's just the BG, engineers.
Last issue was replacing the grundfos pump which was pretty old.
I will just have to dump BG, I'm not simply splashing out just because someone can't be bothered to take a bit of time to look into the issues.
It's like saying your car failed the mot and the part needed is hard to fit you are best buying a new car.
That's what the last engineer said to me. The boiler has been pretty decent in the 12 years I've had it. When it works it works well. Just the issues are never really looked into properly.
Anything I could do DIY wise I will, was going to try a new pcb

Was it an FSB 30 and ignition was locking out? Just replaced one with something wall mounted, it was oversized (2 bed bungalow) and the hex was rotted out. Even though it was inconvenient to relocate if you can you'll have far more and better choices if you can do the same.

Was it an FSB 30 and ignition was locking out? Just replaced one with something wall mounted, it was oversized (2 bed bungalow) and the hex was rotted out. Even though it was inconvenient to relocate if you can you'll have far more and better choices if you can do the same.
I have a fsb 30 he potterton mate... No its working fine just when calling for heat when on schedule on hive it red lights, then I reset and it all works fires up.
On manual all works fine.
I was thinking pcb... But I have a a BG homeserve contract they are comimg out tomorrow.
Last 3 tines, they eventually got to the condensate trap was blocked thay hadn't checked it in their annual service, too much hassle they reckon.
Then when he left was syill leaking inside the boiler case he hadn't tightened up right side under bung.
So i tightened that myself

Sounds like the hive is at fault

Do you hear it sparking ?

Usually electrodes issues with these if they fail to fire on first few attempts then fire and everything else works. The wires snap off inside the assembly.
Ahhhh yes thanks bud sorry didn't see your answer.
Yup my research has been pointing to this... From what I've been reading.
Many thanks it gives me some ammunition for when the engineer starts asking what's wrong lol

Reply to Whats best fsb boiler in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

R
Hi, The outlet of all my radiators are at 55°C, but the boiler keep showing the Return Temperature is 60°C (and keep raising at 1°C/min rate)...
Replies
Views
Renato
R
Hi guys I'm having a nightmare at the moment with lazy Homecare BG engineers but that's another story. I'm pretty competent, so looking for a...
Replies
Views
New Boiler - Viesmann Vitedans 100-W 35kw Boiler Problem - Central Heating not working Central Heating is controlled by HIVE. Boiler was...
Replies
Views
Dear All New member here, coming looking for help. A few weeks ago I had work carried out by a British Gas Homecare service technician. It...
Replies
Views
Hi, Looking to see if anyone can give some advice please. My Baxi boiler has been losing pressure and I am having to top it up approx. every 4...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock