Discuss Whats the best way to clip 28 mm pipe and allow for big laggin in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOP TAP

Need to run two 28 s in a cold garage and support them on clips from a bison ceiling then lag with the big laggin . Whats the best way ? plastic clips wont allow for the size of the laggin so is it just best to add a copper pipe spacer on the screw or is there a better way ?

String ? Or school board clips but Munson rings 10mm stud and 10mm Hilti fixing

onion rings ....oh no there good for holding up appetite before dinner

If you do use munsons make sure you use brass or you could get some contamination. Could use rubber lined clips

Man, i miss site life... I'd love a week just flinging in pipe on a building site again :)

To be honest if it was just a little job id go with the op's idea of a stub of copper unless I had some rod an m10's, plates and the like bit of a riggmerole for a couple of clips. Now if you was fitting out a hospital or a 10 storey office block :). I mean we could also advise a Makita chop saw lol :)

Il be totally honest and say my first would of been what are bison beams....im picturing some migration across the Serengeti!!
very hard cast in situ concrete beams with steel reinforcement ,proper bisons are very hard to drill,they eat sds bits

Ahh rite with you now. I did some concrete tanks on a water treatment site and we had to put brackets up for sparge pipes and in the end we had to use hilti diamond drills with the base that sucks if you've seen them.

i assume you mean a block and beam ceiling just drill into the blocks rather than the beams red heads studding and brass rings you could hang them one above the other with double clips saves on fixings or use plastic clips and spacers

[DLMURL="http://www.talon.co.uk/products/pipe-clips.html"]Pipe Clips - Talon Manufacturing[/DLMURL]

imgres-1.jpg

Use talon clips, they make stackable spacers, use as many as you need and longer screws.

Or cut 15mm copper stubs and use as spacers.

Last edited by a moderator:
very hard cast in situ concrete beams with steel reinforcement ,proper bisons are very hard to drill,they eat sds bits

I remember playing connect 4 trying to get a decent hole in the things arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgghghhhhh

Thanks lads , custard is loaded , and just likes everything to be super neat , so will use the munson rings and 10mm stud . then cover it all in laggin , job done.

You don't have to spend a fortune equipping with a length of 10mm rod, nuts and a assortment of rubber lined clips. you may never need them again but you'll be future proofed for chunky lagging.

We now use unlined 104 to 114mm clips for flue clips. £3. Clip stud and malleable plate

Or lag the pipe then fix to wall with big clips like 63mm downpipe clips or similar.

Only issue with that is it's more difficult to access later on if you need to tee off or modify

Although there are many ways to to do a job, using munson rings rather than plastic clips will make it look like a 'proper job'. You may only need a back plate depending on how thick you lagging is, 10mm male back plates make the pipe stand off from the wall quite a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Whats the best way to clip 28 mm pipe and allow for big laggin in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning all. I am running some 22mm copper later today, I normally use Talon clips from screw fix, as you can add on spacer blocks for the gap...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I am so glad I found this forum whilst looking for advice on the net. I am not a plumber as such but I do know a thing or two about DIY...
Replies
Views
Evening all I have been researching the hell out of this, following my last project. Currently ripping half the kitchen out to remove a wall and...
Replies
Views
D
First time posting on here and I am after some help and advice on a project I have ongoing at home - a bit cheeky I know but as they say around...
Replies
Views
A
Hi – There are actually four questions I’m hoping you can help with – shown at the end of the post. In my living room even with the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock