Discuss whats the standing here? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

REDSAW

a customer of mine and his wife are both old and disabled.

he showed me where the gas meter was today, after shoving him down the hole (eventually) and i am sure there is something that can be done, without cost, about getting it moved to a more suitable location.
he tells me that it had not been read in years as the meter reader wont venture to it.

what is your opinion and who does one talk too about it?.
obviously the customer cannot afford the extra outlay but want it to be safe. the meter is behind me in the cellar shot and actually has water dripping of the rig and pipes.!

talk to me so i can offer the best advice peeps.:smile5:

IMG_0140.jpgIMG_0142.jpgIMG_0141.jpgIMG_0143.jpgIMG_0144.jpgIMG_0145.jpgIMG_0148.jpg:whatchutalkingabout

Attachments

• IMG_0139.jpg
    IMG_0139.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 63
thats a good one you could argue
A, its inaccessible to everyone
B,its under the house and in the event of a fire could blow it up or render means of escape impossible

Not sure but would it not be down to the provider or transporter? Might be worth giving them a call on behalf of the customer.

That Joseph fritzl's old house? Surprised he let you out again!

Customer isn't Fred west by any chance is it?!

Id say first call should be to age concern. They are normally great with advice on what people are entitled to. I think if you contact the supplier there will be substantial cost involved. You could contact the supplier and tell them that you are concerned that the customer can't access the ecv but I doubt you'd get very far without costs.

Surely the ecv has to be accessible by law, gas safe would be my first port of call. Is that gandalf down in the cellar?

What about the possability of the service pipe leaking ?
It happened just before my extension started, luckily they moved the meter outside!

I think the terms and conditions of suppliers, they have to do a meter read when asked. I would say the ball is firmly in the suppliers court to get the meter moved.
Its not fit for purpose elf and safety wise and its their property.

What about the possability of the service pipe leaking ?
It happened just before my extension started, luckily they moved the meter outside!

Its always handy if you are standing by the pipe with a roll of denso when it starts to leak.

test the water, have a gas leak down below then call the transco out hoping the boy is fat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to whats the standing here? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock