Discuss What's your opinion on this flue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

MK Heating

Gas Engineer
Hiya, just been and done a survey for a combi swap and came across this. It's a 4th storey flat, modern condenser going in obviously, customer is aware of the plume and is fine with it. I suggested running the flue along and out the canopy but the customer isn't happy with this. I'm quoting against a company that has offered to crawl out the customers skylight and go over the ridge to the other side of the roof, 4 floors up to install a vertical terminal. Customer isn't too keen on them doing that either as you can imagine. What are your thoughts on putting a standard flue there?

20170728_184036.jpg

Hiya, just been and done a survey for a combi swap and came across this. It's a 4th storey flat, modern condenser going in obviously, customer is aware of the plume and is fine with it. I suggested running the flue along and out the canopy but the customer isn't happy with this. I'm quoting against a company that has offered to crawl out the customers skylight and go over the ridge to the other side of the roof, 4 floors up to install a vertical terminal. Customer isn't too keen on them doing that either as you can imagine. What are your thoughts on putting a standard flue there?

View attachment 30444
Should be extended all the way across and supported mate. I would go to the ground floor and look up. I bet there is at least 3 others that have already been done this way.

There's e blocks and every single other flat had the boiler in the kitchen which just has a normal external wall. This fella has his in a cupboard next to the front door. Don't think I'm gonna get this one

Local councils have done a lot of these in our local area, just has to be extended past the overhanging balcony , in some cases they had to be boxed in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What's your opinion on this flue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock