Search the forum,

Discuss When will scrap prices go back up? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Just sorted my scrap collection out , a full dustbin of brass, three sacks of clean copper and a bucket of brazery copper. I worked it out as a measley £195 worth. And that's a years worth for me.

Not worth bothering yet.

And china is going downhill and fast. I think prices will go down yet before the go up.

Maybe I should have just taken it in today while I had time.

If the scrap prices go up then so do our bundles & copper fittings, hw tanks... So I guess it's all fair

If the scrap prices go up then so do our bundles & copper fittings, hw tanks... So I guess it's all fair

That's why don't get everyone moaning about scrap prices as sure be quick enough to complain when new pipe goes up

Who is it on here who pays for a full holiday with his scrap earnings?

I was hoping for two weeks in Eygpt out of this, it looks like we'll be having two nights in a scabby little caravan with flat tyres parked in a lay by on the A58.

Heard on the radio this evening that they reckon up to a 1/3rd of banknotes are not going through the banking system yet more and more shops are reporting electronic payments are increasing so they reckon more tradespeople are being paid in non declared cash.

Heard on the radio this evening that they reckon up to a 1/3rd of banknotes are not going through the banking system yet more and more shops are reporting electronic payments are increasing so they reckon more tradespeople are being paid in non declared cash.

Nearly Every trades man I know gets paid in cash and declares about 1/4 of what they earn, how the tax man doesn't look at there books and think that they can live on that amount is beyond me

Nearly Every trades man I know gets paid in cash and declares about 1/4 of what they earn, how the tax man doesn't look at there books and think that they can live on that amount is beyond me

Nobody does on here tho! Wait for it, wait for it!

Nobody does on here tho! Wait for it, wait for it!

I dont know what your talking about, like any one on this forum would do such a dishonest thing, and I invite anyone to take a look at my books and as you'll see all is above board...

I took some in a couple of weeks back. 1 large cylinder but no very heavy, 1 flexi tub things full of brass, 2 of clean copper and 2 of brazery I got just shy of £300.00

I'm not going to complain as every job I do I charge to take waste away.

If its free it free at the end of the day, Ive been separating my brass and copper into two bins until there full, usually get around 250-500 depending how tight I pack it either way its all bonus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to When will scrap prices go back up? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have 3 port value for HW & CH. Loft extension added many years ago so they added a T to go upstairs, only 2 rads up but 11 downstairs covering at leave twice the floor area As per diagram has free flow Up or Down, no way to balance. Works pretty well but last few Rads (in kitchen) are...
Replies
Views
J
I have an Arteform shower valve in my bathroom - top lever for the main shower head, middle for the handheld hose and bottom is the thermostatic control. The hot was not getting hot enough recently so (under instructions from the manufacturer) I removed the allen key valves bottom left and right...
Replies
Views
Need some advice, neighbors sewer drain keeps blocking up every few months. My wife and I have always chipped in with the other three neighbors for unclogging tho we never experience ours clogging up. Sure we had it clog up once and had it blown out with high pressure water from local plumber...
Replies
Views
This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone have an idea why I occasionally hear (about once every hour or longer) a hammer related noise coming from my copper water pipes when no water is being used? It basically sounds like the noise you hear after the water shuts off when your toilet bowl...
Replies
Views
I have read a few threads including one by Debbie Stano that were similar to my issue but that thread stopped a while back without any resolution I could see. I'm in Brisbane, Australia but I'm after general ideas from anyone here or in UK (I realise this is a UK based site). Point form...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock