Discuss Where do you advertise? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul - PDS

Gas Engineer
Just a nosey thread to see where we all get our work from!

I personally just rely on the website although it's not brilliant so looking for more ideas..

fire away!

Website,Van, Edinburgh evening news, community magazines... think that's about it.... possibly facebook :)

Gumtree, website, local parish mags (old folks read them), facebook, netmums and few other forums

Got my name on a t shirt, but that's about it keep meaning to hit it hard but I'm fairly busy so fear advertising might drown me

Yell.com , local shop and my website. If I fancy a walk I put out my postcards.

Yep. I've done alright out of it.

Yell? Honestly?

Yell costs me about £150 a year. I make my money back in the first week generally. Just finished a £2300 job that came from an extra yell listing I placed in a nice village that cost £130.

Yell costs me about £150 a year. I make my money back in the first week generally. Just finished a £2300 job that came from an extra yell listing I placed in a nice village that cost £130.

Friend of mine tried yell was given all the patter plumbers are the most searched item on yell, you'll get at least 1 call a day etc 3k later 2 months down the line not so much as a prank call!

Must depend on where you are. It's the only form of advertising I do, and it really has worked.

I live in an area which is cheap to advertise in, but has a decent reach. I decided to add listings in 2 other cheap areas this year (low population but wealthy) and I've had lucrative jobs from both now.

If I was to advertise in Leeds I think it would cost about £8/900 for a medium weight listing, but there's too much competition there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Where do you advertise? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock