Discuss Which Boiler to run a 2 bathroom house with extra conservatory rads. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

stejess

Can someone please help....
I'm hearing conflicting things from various 'experts'.

I'm looking to have 2 power showers installed in 2 separate bathrooms but as there are 4 of us who all use the showers in the morning, I don't want to lose power or risk the chance of scalding the kids if the second one is in use.

We're also having 2/3 extra rads installed (1 in living room & 2 in conservatory).

I've been told we may need a combi with a pump installed or do we go down the route of an unvented cylinder.

There is currently an Ideal Classic - Heat only boiler installed.

Any ideas please???

Get a competent engineer to look at exactly what your requirements are. My choice would be unvented but would depend on water flow and pressure.

Tear up the card from the guy who told you a combi with a pump. Unbelievable.

Unvented cylinder is the way to go. As for boiler size, your plumber will work that out for you based on the building fabric, room size and a number of other factors.

:iagree:
Tear up the card from the guy who told you a combi with a pump. Unbelievable.

Unvented cylinder is the way to go. As for boiler size, your plumber will work that out for you based on the building fabric, room size and a number of other factors.

Anybody who says combi for your set up is a loon - or cannot put a conventional system together
(there are many who can only put the magic combi box on a wall somewhere)

centralheatking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Which Boiler to run a 2 bathroom house with extra conservatory rads. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I live in a large 3 bed semi with a Potterton Profile 60e - so it's a G rated boiler. I wish to improve the energy efficiency of the property...
Replies
Views
Hi We have recently had a 35kw combi boiler installed in a 4 bed 2 bathroom property. Since the combi boiler was installed we are getting slow...
Replies
Views
Hi all I've been reading about the Drayton Wiser system and along the way I began to go down a rabbit hole learning about heating system...
Replies
Views
P
Combi boiler system losing pressure every 2 days. We've been topping it up for months now and have had various radiators replaced and flooring...
Replies
Views
We live in a 1980s four-bedroom detached house. The time has come for new central heating. The current system is a mild revision of the original...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock