Discuss Which floor standing replacement boiler? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello gents

I've been given a choice between the Potterton FSB 30 HE OR an Ideal Mexico HE 30 to replace my current 18 year old floor standing Potterton for a boiler upgrade, the system has been upgraded over the years (fully pumped, TRV's etc).

My plumber recommends either and says both models are reliable but the Ideal is about £500 dearer and I don't know if it's worth the extra, any advice greatly appreciated.

Both much of a muchness really. They are both wall hung boilers in a floor standing case. Go for the cheaper of the two.

Hi antdad

You certainly don't get £500 more boiler by fitting the Ideal.

Thanks, while searching for information I haven't come across any serious reliability issues with either so it looks like the Potterton will do.

Fitted several Pottertons in last two years, main criticisms are:

Only the 30kw version and there is no pump overrun facility.

MIs state that it's not required, but boiler seems v hot when demand is satisfied!

Any reason why you can-not have a wall mounted boiler ?? you would have a much large'r choice.

The Mexico is an Icos in a different box, do a search on the icos or isar / same beast.

Ps I would not pay £500 for a Mexico never mind that much more than owt else

I'd try and go for a Worcester floor stander. I've fitted a few and think they are great. Apart from the fiddly flue connection. Great power and 5 years parts and labour warranty.

I'd try and go for a Worcester floor stander. I've fitted a few and think they are great. Apart from the fiddly flue connection. Great power and 5 years parts and labour warranty.

I'd love a Worcester Bosch but I just can't stretch to it, I've gone for another floor stander because it'll cause the least disruption to pipework and cupboards, it's a relatively straight forward swap over or so I've been told.

Potterton out of the two for me, as someone mentioned earlier the ideal is too closely related to the icos for my liking.

According to me top floor is the best one to do that. I just giving my point of view. Thanks.........!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Which floor standing replacement boiler? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock