Search the forum,

Discuss Which mobile phone upgrade? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dontknowitall

I'm a lucky boy!!

:cool::)

My wife's suggested I buy a new mobile for Xmas (her present to me:):):D) and she thinks I should have something more than standard telephone talk, SMS text and photos. She thinks I might start using email on it or web access.

I'm fairly computer savvy but when it comes to mobiles I've even less idea than I have with plumbing. I've only had a mobile for about 3 years.

Budget is a max of £200 and I'm happy with a good quality second hand model. (I'm on an Orange monthly plan if that makes a difference.) I'll buy it either in my local Orange shop, Amazon or eBay (again, if that makes a difference).

There are also PDAs (whatever they are) and little notepad thingies but all these things are when I become stuck.

The "got to haves" are telephone, simple text and reasonable camera and QWERTY keyboard (or touchscreen keyboard).

Any suggestions?

Why not pop into the orange shop and see if you're entilted to a free upgrade?

Eco

Thank you - I might well do but I wanted to know which machine to go for first, rather than be bamboozled into being sold something I might later regret.

I would stay away from iphone and blackberry they seem more trouble than than they are worth

HTC Desire, cant figure out how i bimbled through life without one. Probably get it as a free upgrade on orange if you sign another contract, ('bout £380 to buy)

My wife just recently upgraded through the car phone warehouse. The upgrade was free (as expected) but she also recieved an Xbox 360 Slim with Kinnect. The package for the xbox retails at nearly £300.

There was a choice of different 'gifts' from TV's and laptops to games console.

She's on an Orange pay monthly contract. I'm waiting for my contract to expire as I want to have the SIM converted to Pay as You Go.

Oh and advise on a phone, don't go touch screen. Stick to basic with a reasonable camera. It doens't matter what features you have on your phone, all you'll end up doing is making/taking calls and taking the odd picture. Or is that just me!

I've got an iPhone 4 - had no issues so far and find it brilliant.

Thank you all for the help. I think it's going to be an HTC Desire - I love the bit where if you're in a meeting and it rings you just turn it over to turn the ringing off!! That sounds so cool.

Going to phone Orange tomorrow to see how much it will cost - some plans it's free but then I don't use a mobile that much ... yet.

Thank you all for the help. I think it's going to be an HTC Desire - I love the bit where if you're in a meeting and it rings you just turn it over to turn the ringing off!! That sounds so cool.

Going to phone Orange tomorrow to see how much it will cost - some plans it's free but then I don't use a mobile that much ... yet.

that wouldn't impress me if one of my students had this on their phone in the class, i have a mute button on mine, ok it doesnt make me cool, but it doesnt interupt the person taking the meeying or class
i've just upgraded at virgin mobile, £15 per month gets me 600 mins, unlimited texts and 1GB of internet, i bought a samsung c330 phone for £65 which gets me £30 back so i dont pay my monthly tarriff for 2 months, seems ok to me

I got my lovely present! A Samsung S8000 Jet.

Reason for posting is I was looking for an app that made a torch (using the flash of the camera). If I type in *#0*# it brings up some options and 7 is the flash light!

If you Google your phone for "tricks" your phone might have a few lesser known gizmos like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Which mobile phone upgrade? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock