Search the forum,

Discuss Which unvented direct cylinder in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

im4gine

Hi all, new here.

I am in the middle of researching unvented direct cylinders to replace my faulty cylinder at home.

A bit of background before i ask my questions etc.

Since moving into my 2 bed flat in London 3 years ago, i have had nothing but trouble with the current setup... and have since then till now, replaced element (both top and bottom) no less than 4 times which has been a costly experience.

Only recently, i have been told a leak has occurred in the cylinder due to previous plumbers forcing non-manufacturer elements into the cylinder expanding the thread, and so i could live with it in the short term, but advised to replace the whole unit.

My current setup.. as far as i can tell is:
Ariston Classico STD150l HE cylinder
Horstmann Economy 7 Boost Timer
An expansion vessel connected to the pipes
Boost cable fits into the Horstmann
Bottom element cable connects to a separate time near the breaker switches (i would have expected both cables feed into the Horstmann but this is not the case)

My first question is:

1. Would it be a direct replacement to my current setup?

The 2 cylinders i have had my eyes on (and ones recommended to me by certain plumbers) are:

* Heatrae Sadia Megaflo Eco 210DD Unvented Stainless Steel Cylinder
https://www.heatandplumb.com/acatal...dd-unvented-stainless-steel-cylinder-95050468

* Joule Cyclone Standard Direct JD200S Unvented Cylinder
https://www.heatandplumb.com/acatalog/joule-cyclone-standard-direct-short-unvented-cylinder-jd200s

I have heard some good reviews about the Megaflo systems... and am i right in thinking they have an in-built expansion vessel, meaning i can ditch my current one?

I have also had a few plumbers recommend Joule, but i have not heard of this make. Shed any light on this.

And the last question.

2) Coming from a non plumber background, what else is required for me to know before i purchase a tank?
I know that i would need an expansion vessel (if i went with the Joule, and perhaps purchasing titanium immersion elements for this unit) and the copper pipework etc, but are there anything else i need to check on? My dad has a few contacts in the plumbing area so they would be fitting this for me.

All the help would be much appreciated.
[h=1][/h]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Which unvented direct cylinder in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I am in process of replacing an existing sink with a new stainless steel one. The existing tap is plumbed directly to copper which means that it...
Replies
Views
Hi, Later this year I am going away for a 2 week holiday and as the weather will be warm there is no need for the heating to be on and arguably...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock