Discuss Who Gives to Charity? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

thompsonbrown

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Just found out my sister sponsors one of them snow leapords. £3 per month.
Just recieved a letter saying that the direct debt did not get paid this month and they will try to take payment along with a charge of £18.50 on the 10th of March. Failure to keep up you payments may affect your credit rating.
Unreal!!!
Got me thinking about charies and found out some intresting facts.

A lot of charities charge 10-60% to administrate donations.
Some American onec take upto 92%
Last year children in need got £75million in donations, £47.5million spent on admin, wages, advertising, legal fees, pension and investments.
Sounds unreal but not as bad as some where nothing goes to charitiy.

Fees for high street 'chuggers' eat up millions donated to charities | Mail Online

Or our ex prime ministers tony blair faith foundation:
£3.608Million in donations £3.25Million in admin.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/poli...x-mystery.html

If you do donate to charity might be worth checking how much of your cash actually gets there.

I stopped giving donations to bigger charities a couple of years ago when I found out that most charity bosses earn six figure sums and have huge fancy offices. I now give to local smaller charities that are run by volunteers,every couple of months I buy 40/50 pounds worth of cat and dog food and give them to a local animal sanctuary or the local cats protection,and give to a local hospice. Chuggers normally get a two word answer.

I has a guy in Gateshead with about 4 teeth ask me for some change for his cider when i was down there at a retro event, i gave him a quid, probably got a whole bottle of White Lightning with that :lol:

I has a guy in Gateshead with about 4 teeth ask me for some change for his cider when i was down there at a retro event, i gave him a quid, probably got a whole bottle of White Lightning with that :lol:

Agree about local charities some local charties only get by with local donations.
As for the homeless guy!!
I was working in the South African Embassy in Trafalger Sq. Was asked for some spare change by a guy lying down on street. didnt have any, but did actually get him a fiver out of the cash point machine he was lying next to.
Got pulled up by a bike cop and asked if I was buying drugs. Explaned situation, He said to give donations to "Shelter" charity for the homeless. As he was not a card registed member. Told him sleeping bag was proof enough for me.
Ironic really and quite sad. Yes you could get a fiver out of a cash machine in the 90s.

The world has gone mad with charities.
I remember Live Aid, and was probably the first time I had ever heard of Ethiopia.
There is now over 200 registed charities for Ethiopia alone. Google it and see.
Every private school and university has charity status and most public school is now getting Foundation status so the rich can make money off us. Right now, over 160,000 Registered charties in the uk alone.

One of my customers runs a local charity and he's making a fortune from peoples good will. I am sure its al legal and above board but he must be on at least 100k and he only seems to work part time.

The world has gone mad with charities.
I remember Live Aid, and was probably the first time I had ever heard of Ethiopia.
There is now over 200 registed charities for Ethiopia alone. Google it and see.
Every private school and university has charity status and most public school is now getting Foundation status so the rich can make money off us. Right now, over 160,000 Registered charties in the uk alone.

facts arent quite right re public schools, you certainly arent paying towards them in any means or form.

imo, most people that give to advertised 'charity' are those who earn too much, feel guilty and need to portray a sense of self worth to others who may be watching or those within ear shot of a conversation.
hence why there are 160k charities about, all 'providing a service' for the cause....giving those people well paid jobs and creating an industry of 'the feel good factor' when we all know the receivable monies are a fraction of whats collected!! crazy.

imagine a parent who has lost their job after ill health, cant pay the bills or feed the kids for 3-4 days & desperate, it is seen in India and the u.k, they ask people to please help them, only difference is in the u.k you will be arrested for 'begging' because we all know people here in the u.k are well off and do not live in poverty!!

does my head in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Who Gives to Charity? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock