Discuss Who works weekends? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

armyash

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi guys after a productive and very tiring 2012, I want to make more progress in 2013. I am going to get some business cards and leaflets printed this week and start getting them out where I live in Kent. As I live in Southampton Mon-Fri I will be putting myself out there as available day and night weekends.

I will not be doing gas work to start with as I do not have my own GSR and I want to keep costs down. Also this forces me to stick to plumbing jobs which I don't really do with the company I work for so can get some practice in.

I don't expect to be busy every weekend and I don't expect to get rich but it's the first steps towards working for myself.

Everything will be above board in regards to insurance/tax/NI etc where neccessary.

Who on this forum works weekends or do you let cashflow dictate? do you charge more for weekend work, if so how do your chrge compare to regular charges?

Thanks for reading. Happy new year to all, hope you all have a good 2013.

Saturdays a normal day....Sunday don't bother with unless I,m behind on a job but as long as its not a call out its normal time for me....

Pretty much let my workload dictate.
I woyld rather work seven days, then to work later at night.
I have a two year old boy, and the thought of not being there to read his bedtime story to him fills me with sadness.

Most Saturdays and Sundays when work available. We do not charge more for weekend work as it is usually a convenience for us.

Pretty much let my workload dictate.
I woyld rather work seven days, then to work later at night.
I have a two year old boy, and the thought of not being there to read his bedtime story to him fills me with sadness.

I have a 2 year old girl and when I leave her on Sunday nights it's a killer.

I work weekends. The wife and I are doing a self build starting in March. So I'm frantically saving as much as possible. Which means working weekends and evenings for the next few months.

ive even given up booze! Been over 6 months since I last had a beer! Said to the wife I wouldn't drink until house is complete!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Who works weekends? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock