Discuss Who's responsible for this? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Q

Quidam

Over the weekend the cold water supply to our house burst at the stopcock on the road outside. Scottish Water were quick to attend and promptly dug up the offending section of pipe, and when we got in tonight the cold water was full of silt for a while until it had run through the system.

However the hot water - from a combi boiler - is just a trickle, and the boiler itself has stopped working and is showing symptoms similar to earlier in the year when the divertor assembly was replaced, making me think that some of the silt from the road has made its way into the boiler/valve and caused it to fail. Obviously the boiler in my responsibility but I suspect the root cause to be the repair work being carried out by Scottish Water. In this circumstance could I potentially request the water supplier to carry out repairs to my boiler?

I am covered by a BG service plan, so it's not as if I'm out to try and claim compensation as I can get this fixed anyway, but if they have caused the problem I'd expect them to fix it, and any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks

Save the hassle and get BG out to fix the boiler. Just got back from Fife and It was a bit nippy :D

It's a cold night here too, Paul - just above freezing when I put the car in the garage!

BG have been called but due to conflicting schedules, can't attend until wednesday evening (I can't get away from work during the day to let them in).

It's going to be a chilly couple of days!

Ring scottish water and complain the filter on the boiler has been blocked with muck. They will send some one out to fix it no problem. It happens all the time, they are used to it.

Tamz has been thanked a 100 times! Awesome, gonna give you a thanks for your outstanding contribution to the forum :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Who's responsible for this? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Our kitchen mixer tap has started dripping. Like so much of the plumbing in our almost new build bungalow, it is lacking! The plumber didn't...
Replies
Views
Back